Continually losing home network signal

Tschrom

Honorable
Dec 21, 2016
As the title suggests, I'm continually losing the signal from my home network. I get full signal from the neighbor wifi, but my own home wifi will have full signal, suddenly drop all signal and disconnect, then my computer will keep trying and failing to reconnect until I disable and renable my adapter. I do have a cheap little Tenda AC1300 I picked up from Micro Center. Had to actually download drivers for a Realtek 8812AU, I believe, because the drivers provided by Tenda are ancient and unreliable. But it's less that 3 months old.

My PC is both virus and Malware free. I run scheduled nightly scans with both Avast and Malwarebytes premium.

I have checked and verified that my computer is not set to "shut the device off to save power". My wifi power settings are set to maximum performance.

I have Windows 10 with the latest updates.

Running a Crosshair VI Hero, with 16GB Corsair Vengeance at 3200MHz, a Ryzen 7 1700 at 3.5GHz, Corsair 860i PSU (Oldest part in my PC) and a ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080.

Anyone got some advice? I'm stumped. All I'm succeeding in doing, is getting a headache.

Tschrom

Honorable
Dec 21, 2016
EDIT: (Half on topic, half off) So, I double checked my windows version, and I realized I'd never moved over to version 1803. So I downloaded and tried that, however the 1803 update is apparently broken to all hell. After installing 1803, my wireless driver disappeared entirely (I've read about people losing more than just one driver on this update, I was lucky there I guess?). When I tried to reinstall my wireless driver, the install process would continually timeout. I began thinking there were some major issues with 1803 and promptly rolled back to 1709. Has anyone else experienced driver install issue? Are driver updates completely broken in the 1803? Because they appear to be, from what I gathered through a little tech forum research.

Tschrom

Honorable
Dec 21, 2016
Well, I live in a house we're everyone just let's their devices connect naturally and never change any settings, that's only me. So, do you have any suggestions for a specific channel to switch my PC to? Or just, one with less congestion? I am already familiar with checking and changing individual device settings in my gateway, so I shouldn't need help doing that.

I'll give this a test after work today and post results.

You change the broadcast channel on the routers wifi settings not on the host machines. The only way to find the best channel is with a wifi spectrum analyser as I suggested! This will show all the wifi in and around your house (neighbors) etc. No adjustment is needed anywhere but the router.

Tschrom

Honorable
Dec 21, 2016
Well, after my reversion to Windows 10 1709 from the disaster that is 1803, I haven't had the issue since. Not sure what was wrong before but the upgrade and subsequent revert seems to have changed something to solve it as I've had zero disconnects for about 2 or 3 weeks.