Feb 11, 2021
Hello everyone,
so I started having some trouble a while back when I installed a new Nvidia driver my computer started to get heavy FPS drop randomly out of no where so I tried DDU and Nvidia driver uninstaller and the problem continued. The problem is that I will be running about 200 FPS and then drop down to 30-60 and stutter and for a couple of seconds and then return to the 200. This only happens after I game for a few hours it doesn’t happen when I first turn my pc on. also reset my windows and did a clean install of it onto my Pc. This not resolving the problem. So I then started moving onto my components. I replaced my RAM and returned my GPU for a new one one. This did not improve my problem. I am not really sure what to do now or what to check at the time. I did notice when the FPS drop did occur on EVGA precision it showed the GPU clock and GPU memory clock drop down but this GPU is brand new and I sent the last one back because I thought that it was the problem. My temp for my GPU sometimes hits 80C max when playing more demanding games and my temp for my CPU usually sits around 35C. still learning and improving my pc skills and I’m kind of lost here so help would be appreciated. My computer is only about a year and a half old.

The problem is that I will be running about 200 FPS and then drop down to 30-60 and stutter and for a couple of seconds and then return to the 200.

specs:
motherboard: asus rog Maximus Xi hero
Cpu: i9-9900k
GPU: RTX 2080 super
Ram: 32GB DDR4 3200
power supply: 750w bronze
Hard drive: inland 1TB SSD

thanks in advance!