Continuous beep on boot. No video output to monitor.

theamilien

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
Hi there, I have a problem with a computer outputting video to a monitor.

I built it about a week ago, and its been working perfectly fine. However, this morning I installed a new stick of RAM (exact same as the other stick), and now the computer will not output video to the monitor.

Everything boots fine, power lights come on, harddrives spin up, all fans spin, chassis fans, cpu, gpu and psu fans all spin. But the monitor just displays 'no signal'.

I assumed it was the RAM, so i took it out and put it back in, but still the same problem. At this point I installed a motherboard speaker to help diagnose the problem. I did't have it installed previously, so i have no idea if it would have been continuously beeping whilst the computer did work. The beep lasts for about 3 seconds, and the pauses for a second, before starting again, this is continuous.

I took everything out and put it back in, i also tried turning the pc on at various different points - i.e with the gpu disconnected, but no matter what i do I get the same beep pattern.

Any idea what It could be ?

Thanks

theamilien

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

Its a gigabyte 78MT-USB3, I already looked it up and it supposedly indicates a memory problem. Ive tried 3 sticks. 2 are the same, 1 is a completely different brand size and speed. No matter what I put in i get the same beeps.

theamilien

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014

Its a gigabyte 78MT-USB3, I already looked it up and it supposedly indicates a memory problem. Ive tried 3 sticks. 2 are the same, 1 is a completely different brand size and speed. No matter what I put in i get the same beeps.