[SOLVED] Continuous Boot Freezing

srtudas

Honorable
Dec 21, 2014
Hello everyone.

Sometimes SLI can be buggy, for example, when I boot the computer or hibernate, the computer stays on for a few minutes with the monitors off and turns on without the monitors turning on every once in awhile. A reboot usually fixed these problems. The issues is that I think this time when the monitors weren't coming on after wake from hibernation, I powered off the computer (hard button) and powered back on. Nothing on the monitors, so naturally I tried it again, only it was much more resistant to turning off which leads me to believe Windows was attempting to update and it was at the screen "Working on updates x% complete DON'T TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER". The caps are exaggerated but since the monitors weren't coming on, I had no idea this was happening.

I get a continuous "preparing automatic repair" then normal boot attempt and the loading loop freezes and restarts every time. I've tried Windows Creation Media and for some reason I can't boot from this tool unless the boot drive is disconnected. When I connect the boot drive and specify that I want it to boot from this creation media it attempts to boot like normal and fails. The furthest I have been able to get is by disconnecting the drive, then once I start loading into creation media tool, connect the drive to MOBO and I get a "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area". Not sure where to go from here other than wiping the drive and doing a fresh install. I hate this option considering I would lose everything... Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

PC Specs (shouldn't matter but here they are)
i9-9900k
ROG Z390-E
32GB DDR4-2133
Removed the GPUs to try to isolate issue

Solution
Installed another drive with Windows and did "sfc /scannow" and it scanned and repaired all boot drives and restarted the update and was fixed. I didn't realize that simple command would repair the corrupted .dll.

srtudas

Honorable
Dec 21, 2014
Installed another drive with Windows and did "sfc /scannow" and it scanned and repaired all boot drives and restarted the update and was fixed. I didn't realize that simple command would repair the corrupted .dll.

Solution