[SOLVED] continuous long beep

Jul 9, 2019
hi, my motheboard is gigabyte h170 hd3
and I have a problem, I had a power brake and it ruineded my GPU, so I replased it with a new one.
the problem is when I turen on my pc I got a continuous long beep, the windows go up and everyithing work just fine but it keeps beeping.
somtimes the bip stop till the next restart. Gigabyte website says the beep tells about memory problem but I tryed to connect my brother ram insted and it still beeping.
what should I do?

Solution
My current ASUS (X470) gives an error message and does really strange things if you put two sticks of RAM in A1 B1 instead of A2 B2 which is what the manual tells you to do.

More and more these days I sit down and RTFM before I do anything but I still get into plenty of trouble. GN

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So everything works completely OK, you just have this beep?
If you're certain, you could always just remove the speaker from the motherboard (assuming it is attached).

Is it from the speakers or the motherboard internal speaker?

If it were me - I'd obviously want to confirm that there isn't a memory issue first however.

Jul 9, 2019
So everything works completely OK, you just have this beep?
If you're certain, you could always just remove the speaker from the motherboard (assuming it is attached).

Is it from the speakers or the motherboard internal speaker?

If it were me - I'd obviously want to confirm that there isn't a memory issue first however.
I have already checked the memory, I discover the bios alert on cpu fan fail even though the fan works just fine so I disable the alert by the bios and it stopped beeping.
Problem solved 😊

Jul 28, 2019
hi, my motheboard is gigabyte h170 hd3
and I have a problem, I had a power brake and it ruineded my GPU, so I replased it with a new one.
the problem is when I turen on my pc I got a continuous long beep, the windows go up and everyithing work just fine but it keeps beeping.
somtimes the bip stop till the next restart. Gigabyte website says the beep tells about memory problem but I tryed to connect my brother ram insted and it still beeping.
what should I do?
Try to replace its ram stick

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
My current ASUS (X470) gives an error message and does really strange things if you put two sticks of RAM in A1 B1 instead of A2 B2 which is what the manual tells you to do.

More and more these days I sit down and RTFM before I do anything but I still get into plenty of trouble. GN

Solution