[SOLVED] Continuous problems with boot ups.

Docoz

Reputable
Mar 16, 2019
Here is what I have:

Motherboard - MSI - 760GMA-P34(FX)

CPU - AMD FX 6300 Six-Core 3.5 GHz

RAM - 2x PNY 8GB 1.6 GHz DDR3 (16GB total)

GPU - Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5

HDD - WDC WC10EZEX-00BN5A0 1TB

PSU - CORSAIR CX750M

Issue: Semi-frequently after shutdowns (has not happened on reboots from my memory) the system will seem to POST from all audio signs, lights up, fans start spinning, few seconds later one loud system BEEP (this is the point where I would see the MSI logo followed by boot sequence) but nothing displays. The vast majority of the time it is able to be rebooted with the reset button, sometimes the PSU needs to be switched off because it's completely frozen. It is not the monitors, the ports, or the cables. Or the card for that matter. The same thing would happen with a different card.

When we rebuilt it we discovered that the top of the CPU cooler was covered in thermal paste dust, as was the motherboard and most other components. Upon removing the heatsink we discovered that it looked like whoever built this put about an entire tube of thermal paste, so we removed and reapplied thermal paste, though the CPU has maintained roughly the same temps as from before, 60c or so under load. I have no clue how it was not overheating before, but whatever.

So we removed all parts, inspected, cleaned, and reassembled, with better GPU and PSU.

Yes, this is a janky frankenbuild. It's a cheaply purchased used prebuilt with a replaced GPU and PSU. I know it's dated. I will build a better one when I can.

Anyway, this problem has persisted since prior to replacing the GPU and completely disassembling & reassembling the entire build.

Any ideas?

Solution
The only one reason that could be triggered or directed to change the piece of the bios battery, for the boot loops is the bios battery, because if it continues then the problem is the bios battery, which it happened to me and it's still continuing (i've bought from days ago for my msi gs60 2pl but i haven't found any solution to fix it), even i've removed the rams and the HDD or the SSD, and i've almost checked it all, the problem started from nowhere literally the next day that causes for my laptop to boot loops, because of the bios battery is very weak or dead even if you still use it, it'll only let you go on boot loops every time until you purchase another one...
Mar 16, 2019
The only one reason that could be triggered or directed to change the piece of the bios battery, for the boot loops is the bios battery, because if it continues then the problem is the bios battery, which it happened to me and it's still continuing (i've bought from days ago for my msi gs60 2pl but i haven't found any solution to fix it), even i've removed the rams and the HDD or the SSD, and i've almost checked it all, the problem started from nowhere literally the next day that causes for my laptop to boot loops, because of the bios battery is very weak or dead even if you still use it, it'll only let you go on boot loops every time until you purchase another one, (I highly recommend you to buy a new bios batteries (CS2032), these are very powerful and have more capacity with more life time than the other bios batteries, i'm still waiting for the bios battery to be shipped at my country, but NOTICE: these are very different with the PINS, your laptop or computer might on 3 pins or 2 pins, but mine is 2 pins or if on a desktop then it might be the big bios battery chip that needs to be changed with a screwdriver to take it out very carefully to not to scrap it or make it worse, so check it out very well before purchasing.

Last edited:
Solution

Docoz

Reputable
Mar 16, 2019
The only one reason that could be triggered or directed to change the piece of the bios battery, for the boot loops is the bios battery, because if it continues then the problem is the bios battery, which it happened to me and it's still continuing (i've bought from days ago for my msi gs60 2pl but i haven't found any solution to fix it), even i've removed the rams and the HDD or the SSD, and i've almost checked it all, the problem started from nowhere literally the next day that causes for my laptop to boot loops, because of the bios battery is very weak or dead even if you still use it, it'll only let you go on boot loops every time until you purchase another one, (I highly recommend you to buy a new bios batteries (CS2032), these are very powerful and have more capacity with more life time than the other bios batteries, i'm still waiting for the bios battery to be shipped at my country, but NOTICE: these are very different with the PINS, your laptop or computer might on 3 pins or 2 pins, but mine is 2 pins or if on a desktop then it might be the big bios battery chip that needs to be changed with a screwdriver to take it out very carefully to not to scrap it or make it worse, so check it out very well before purchasing.

I just noticed that when I boot up it detects something in SATA 3 but I only have SATA 8 occupied, when I go into BIOS the SATA options are only up to 6 and they are all undetected. I wonder if that could be the problem.

Mar 16, 2019
I just noticed that when I boot up it detects something in SATA 3 but I only have SATA 8 occupied, when I go into BIOS the SATA options are only up to 6 and they are all undetected. I wonder if that could be the problem.

Check out this forum for more important info, about the boot loops or shutting down on the start or any most important things that includes the bios battery or the bios settings.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/3wn2d8/discussion_just_a_reminder_that_a_dead_bios/

TRENDING THREADS