Question Contrast and brightness changes automatically when starting Photoshop or Cinema 4D?

Dec 16, 2018
Hi all,

I've got an long lasting issue with my brightness/contrast that changes automatically. It's a common problem, with several topics on the net, but none of the solutions provided worked for me. So I decided to make this topic. Here are my specs:

Moederbord: MSI MEG X399 Creation
CPU: AMD Ryxen TR4 2950x
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB kit (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE 1080 ti x2
POWER: CORSAIR HXi-reeks HX1200i
CPU-koeler: NZXT X62
SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 970 EVO M.2 NVME
Display: DELL Ultrasharp U2715H

Things I've already tried, without fixing the problem:

• PowerPlan's checked.
  • Dell screen checked for options and drivers.
  • NVIDIA Drivers uninstalled and reinstalled.
  • Set NVIDIA Control Panel option to Full Dynamic Range instead of Limited.
  • Everything up to date.

So I am still completely frustrated.
I noticed the following things:

- The automatic adjustment of the brightness / contrast starts as soon as I start Photoshop or Cinema 4D.
As long as these programs are off, I have no problems with them. Which means that starting the apps, the problems will start too. When I close the app, everything is back to normal without flickering etc.

- Under 'Device Manager' I have both drivers of the graphics cards uninstalled under the heading 'Display Adapters'. And the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' installed. As a result, the problem has been solved. However, everything works a lot slower in Photoshop and C4D, and some options don't work at all.

I cannot use the Octane renderer in C4D, for example, because it cannot find the NVIDIA GPU / CUDA etc.

So that too is not a solution. So there is a conflict between my NVIDIA Drivers / GPUs and something of Windows itself.

Hopefully someone has a solution for this? :(

TRENDING THREADS