Control Center installation is incomplete! Please reinstall again. ERROR

Kursun

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
I use Windows Ultimate 64 bit on my laptop.
I installed Windows 10 on it. I kept getting “Control Center installation is incomplete! Please reinstall again.”

My laptop has 4 user accounts, including “guest”. None have passwords.
I reinstalled Windows 10 and nothing changed.

I had an Acronis backup and I reverted back to Windows 7.
I tried it again with same results.

Are there others with the same problem?

Also if I do a clean install will Windows 10 accept the Windows 7 key or do I have to do a clean install of Windows 7 first?

Slashgeek

Admirable
The error message you are receiving appears to be related to various USB printer server applications, such as WD Print Share, Sitecom USB Control Center, and Netgear ReadySHARE. Uninstall any router software you are using and this may solve your problem. In addition to this, performing a clean installation should also fix the problem.

When you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, the operating system took a snapshot of your current computer configuration, and it will use this snapshot to activate your copy of Windows 10 whenever you need to clean install. No activation key necessary.

Kursun

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
Thank you very much. I do have an Tplink modem router and a printer is attached to one its usb ports.

With Win 7 my first screen on startup was the login screen. 3 People+guest. None have passwords.
When I upgraded to Win 10 the login screen disappeared, system booted right into my account.
I wonder if the disappearance of the login screen is linked with this problem too...

CestMoi

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
I observed this error, post upgrade from Win7 to Win10 with the USB Control Center Utility for my TrendNet TEW-MFP1 Print Server. I downloaded Control Center.exe file version 3.0.55.0 with size 5,150,208 bytes from TrendNet's support site and was able to get both the installer and the USB Control Center Utility to work under Windows 10 by running the installer and the application in Windows 8 compatibility mode (for all users).

5/27/16: The workaround described above was successful. However, in my haste to share it, I posted incorrect information about the download. The "Control Center.exe" file is actually packaged within the InstallShield setup.exe file that's contained within the compressed driver file, as download from Trend Net's support site.

cestmoi-aussi

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016

I have a request to CestMoi. where did you find the control center 3.055 ? unknown on Trendnet's website (if I am not wrong).
In fact I have a TEW-MP2U. All was fine on my laptop with Win8.1. but Win10 as been installed and now I have the message “Control Center installation is incomplete! Please reinstall again.”
the higher version I have found is 2.51 in support of the TEW-MP2U.
Does someone may have a solution for this problem ?

CestMoi

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016

I downloaded the driver for the TEW-MFP1 from TrendNet's site (www.trendnet.com/support/supportdetail.asp?prod=140_TEW-MFP1) and extracted the contents of the downloaded file using 7zip. I virus scanned the extracted files (ReleaseNotes.txt and setup.exe) and then ran the setup program. If I recall correctly, "Control Center.exe" (file version 3.0.55.0) was part of the InstallShield payload within setup.exe.