Question Control Gigabyte Aorus M2 ssd with ASROCK motherboard

Jun 28, 2019
Hello all,

I bought a Gigabyte Aorus M2 rgb ssd. I tried to control the leds, but to no avail. I have it installed in my ASROCK B350 pro4, which has two rgb strips connected to the motherboard. The perfect situation would be a complete sync with my RGB ssd, RGB strips and my Razer mouse and keyboard. After spending close to three hours of downloading programs and finding that they don't work, I'm starting to worry that it might not be possible. I have three questions:
  1. Is there some kind of universal rgb program that can control the lighting of my ssd? So far, none could control it or even find it.
  2. Is it possible to use the Aorus sdk to make my own program? I'm quite comfortable with scripting and making windows applications, but if the sdk can't control the ssd because of the motherboard, that won't work obviously.
  3. My brother has a Gigabyte motherboard. Is it possible to set the lighting there, and then plug the ssd back in my motherboard. I dont really need syncing, but the fading is very annoying. Just static blue is fine for me.

Thanks in advance and have a good day,

Rens van Breukelen