Question Control Panel not showing up in search!

KurtOn

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
Im having this issue for a while, where when i type control panel in the search it doesnt show the app but this: http://prntscr.com/mkxdis
I have the same problem with Discord, probably other apps as well, where clicking the app doesnt do anything.

Unlike normal apps that show like this for example: http://prntscr.com/mkxe1k

My way around this is ive extracted CP on the desktop, but i dont want it to be there.

The search works fine on my friends PC where it pops up as it should be, im on Windows 10 64bit Bulid 1809 (17763.316)
Im running SSD with all the things disabled (thats recommended on the net etc etc, for better perfomance bla bla), maybe that has something to do with it.

Plz its tilting me beyond beliefs.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
that's an interesting looking version of Windows 10 you've got there when it comes to the start menu.
anywho, have you tried opening that option for control panel you get when you type it in?
while the icon for it might look different than the classic icon, it still says control panel and calls it a desktop app.
However, if it does nothing, and you also have such an issue with a couple of other apps like Discord, then I would say your OS is not in good shape, and a backup of data is in order then do a reset through recovery menu.

Should also try resetting the index cache as Colif says to see if that works.
In my experience, when encountering issues like these, it's due to it being a pre installed copy of Windows which is why I always do clean manual installs so that I don't have these issues lol.

KurtOn

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014

Ive tried that, nothing happened.

that's an interesting looking version of Windows 10 you've got there when it comes to the start menu.
anywho, have you tried opening that option for control panel you get when you type it in?
while the icon for it might look different than the classic icon, it still says control panel and calls it a desktop app.
However, if it does nothing, and you also have such an issue with a couple of other apps like Discord, then I would say your OS is not in good shape, and a backup of data is in order then do a reset through recovery menu.

Should also try resetting the index cache as Colif says to see if that works.
In my experience, when encountering issues like these, it's due to it being a pre installed copy of Windows which is why I always do clean manual installs so that I don't have these issues lol.

Yea its not windows, i did some meddling. The app is dead, doesnt do anyhing, This PC is also not popping up normally.

Try doing a virus scan to see if you could be infected.
You could also try opening an administrator command prompt and issuing these commands:
-SFC /Scannow
-Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If you still have the problem after that, follow xSimply1337x's advice. In any case making backups makes a LOT of sense.