[SOLVED] Controller failing to install drivers after plugging it into front panel USB port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate88888

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
I plugged my controller into the front panel and back into the rear USB and now it shows up on device manager however drivers cant install on it. I have tried troubleshooting and it only comes up with PNP error on advanced view. The controller is Afterglow Wired Controller for Xbox Series X - Using on pc there is software for it and I have used it for about 5 months without a problem until a few days ago . It doesn't even get detected by the software (PDP Control Hub).

I have uninstalled the software and the controller from device manager and restarted the pc however it didn't change anything. Device manager didn't install the drivers even after a restart and when I press the Xbox button the RGB lights come on however the white strip which I presume means it is connected doesn't come on. This has been like this for 3 days now. I know its not the USB port because I tested it on my old controller which got drift and it works fine on my PC.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on at the time of writing? Make and model of your motherboard? What BISO version are you on? As for the controller, can you take the device and plug it into a donor system and see if it comes up there? That way you can rule out your controller or your platform being the source of the issue.

Nate88888

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on at the time of writing? Make and model of your motherboard? What BISO version are you on? As for the controller, can you take the device and plug it into a donor system and see if it comes up there? That way you can rule out your controller or your platform being the source of the issue.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc, F2, 25/11/2014
The controller still works fine on my brothers PC it only doesn't work on mine also I don't think anything being out of date would be the problem as my controller has worked fine for a long time.

Nate88888

Honorable
Jun 14, 2016
Well if anyone ever has the same problem it was that basically my entire windows was unstable and caused drivers (especially drivers that were installed via USB) to just not be installed correctly or at all so if you cant fix the problem or windows in general using SFC /Scannow or other similar methods than your gonna need a entire fresh installation of windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.