Question Controlling RGB fans with case I/O

May 1, 2023
Hello everyone! I have finished putting together my build and was adding some additional fans for cooling. I am using the Lian Li Lancool III RGB Tower case with the Rog Strix b550-A motherboard. I am wanting to install the Lian Li Al120 V2 3 pack and replacing the non RGB rear fan with the Lian Li Al140 v2. I know the 3 pack comes with a controller for the fans however, I want to control the RGBs of the fans with the front I/o that comes with the case as well. Is it possible to daisy chain all these fans together and plug it all into the same connection on the motherboard and front panel I/O? Or is my only option to use the controller that will be included. Thank you for any help and insight!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Look carefully at p. 4 of the case manual. There is shows how the lighting cables ARGB fans can be connected to the lighting Controls in that case. Many Lain Li fans are designed with interlocking frames to make a daisy chain connection of lights in one fan group, with one cable to connect from the first fan to a Controller output. Several groups can be constructed as long as you have one cable for each, and an output socket to plug it into. NOTE in the manual that there is a two-headed cable that appears to connect to the front panel top, and one of its connectors goes to a SATA power output from the PSU. The other connector goes EITHER to a separate lighting Controller OR to a mobo ARGB header. If you choose the latter, the note the instructions. The front panel "M" button is to choose the lighting display MODE, and you press this repeatedly to cycle through choices. There are seven, BUT the EIGHTH choice selects the mobo header instead of a pre-set. So this is how you can get ALL of your ARGB fan lights to synchronize to a display controlled by the mobo header and the mobo software utility.