[SOLVED] Controlling RGB fans with motherboard

Dec 6, 2021
Basically, I bought a 'KOLINK Observatory Lite RGB Midi Tower' and connected the fans to the hub it provided, then connected the SATA to my PSU and the RGB lead to my motherboard which is a Gigabyte B560 AORUS PRO AX ATX Motherboard .

The fans can only be controlled by the remote and won't be controlled by the motherboard/program. My CPU fan, Ram, and the lights on the motherboard are connected and can be controlled by the motherboard/program but the case fans just wont which I'm pretty sure they should be able to.

Has anyone got any idea why and if it can be fixed? I really want to sync up all the lights.

Paperdoc

Champion
Ambassador
Since you have a Gigabyte mobo, you will need to be running their RGB Fusion software to control lights from the mobo ARGB header. Then you need to be able to tell the Hub system in your Kolink case to use those signals, rather than its own way of doing things. I suspect that is what the Green button at top left of your remote control unit is for - the button marked M/B. Push that to see if it turns over control of the lights to your mobo. A simple push and release may accomplish this, OR on SOME such system you need to hold down the button for 5 sec to get it to work.

Dec 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The motherboard listed above, has two headers for LED control, which one did you tether the fans/fan hub to? The fans are ARGB so you should be tethering the hub to the D_LED headers, either D_LED1 or D_LED2 , not both. Mind sharing a picture of the headers that run out of the fan hub...? The installation manual for the fan hub seems a little off.
The RGB thing lead was plugged into D_LED2 and all the leads look like this: Here, this isn't including the Santa cable that connects to the PSU

Paperdoc

Champion
Ambassador
Since you have a Gigabyte mobo, you will need to be running their RGB Fusion software to control lights from the mobo ARGB header. Then you need to be able to tell the Hub system in your Kolink case to use those signals, rather than its own way of doing things. I suspect that is what the Green button at top left of your remote control unit is for - the button marked M/B. Push that to see if it turns over control of the lights to your mobo. A simple push and release may accomplish this, OR on SOME such system you need to hold down the button for 5 sec to get it to work.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS