Convert Landline to Wifi

Overlord_1106

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Hello people,
I know the title sounds weird but I've a question that'll make sense to the title. Just like you take in your Internet network from a Lan or Ethernet(Wire) =, connect it to a modem and use a router to create a WiFi network, the same way, is it possible to convert the call network(the one ethernet wire you connect it to your landline) to some kind of modem that'll throw of your landline number in the air and you'll be able to make calls from it just like you do for WiFi.
It's confusing i know. Let me try to make it simpler. When we've a cordless landline phone, we can make calls from anywhere close to the vicinity of main set. WiFi is similar, you take the signals from the cable, connect is to your modem and router and then the signals are converted into wireless signals using any device which your mobile can catch. In a similar manner, can the landline signals get converted to a wireless means when i can call from my phone, only difference will be that my Landline number will be billed and not my mobile number and when i make a call, the person receiving the call will detect my landline number and not mobile even though I'm calling from a mobile. You see, all this trouble is cause I've unlimited calling from Landline 24x7. But I'm too used to calling from a cell instead from a landline, even from mu house, but if it's possible to bill my landline even from calling from a mobile, that'll be great! Is it possible?

Solution
You can look at the following link. It claims to do what you want for $99.00, plus a lot more. I don't know anything about it but it Googled up. At least it may give you a place to start. I believe that with the decline of landlines, companies will not be developing new hardware specifically to do what you want.
http://www.invoxia.com/voice-bridge/

If you have internet at home...
While not quite what you are looking for, there is hardware known as a femtocell. That allows the mobile phone to work directly over with VOIP. There are also apps for VOIP, like skype. Google voice can also make calls over wifi and redirect incoming calls to multiple phones so you can choose where to answer.

Pooneil

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
You can look at the following link. It claims to do what you want for $99.00, plus a lot more. I don't know anything about it but it Googled up. At least it may give you a place to start. I believe that with the decline of landlines, companies will not be developing new hardware specifically to do what you want.
http://www.invoxia.com/voice-bridge/

If you have internet at home...
While not quite what you are looking for, there is hardware known as a femtocell. That allows the mobile phone to work directly over with VOIP. There are also apps for VOIP, like skype. Google voice can also make calls over wifi and redirect incoming calls to multiple phones so you can choose where to answer.

Solution