Convert laptop CS-Storm laptop cooler fan to USB

jmcdon

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
As the title says, I'm trying to convert one of the fans from a Master Cooler laptop cooler (CS-Storm) a USB connection. I have watched videos and read forums posted elsewhere on this site but the fans featured in other videos don't seem to have the same connections. I've attached a picture of the fan, as well as the wires/connection of the fan (it's cut already sorry). I'm not sure if what I'm trying to do is possible or not. Thanks in advance.
wF2xE3I

Solution
"I've attached a picture..." - you probably forgot.

In order to see whether this is at least possible - check what are the fan' specs, it should have voltage and current/power written somewhere on it. Standard USB port will deliver 5VDC, max 0.5A, or 2.5W. If your fan exceeds any of these - it won't work (properly) off USB power, and may cause your motherboard to shut off that USB port.
"I've attached a picture..." - you probably forgot.

In order to see whether this is at least possible - check what are the fan' specs, it should have voltage and current/power written somewhere on it. Standard USB port will deliver 5VDC, max 0.5A, or 2.5W. If your fan exceeds any of these - it won't work (properly) off USB power, and may cause your motherboard to shut off that USB port.

Solution