converting fragmented files

Laurie

does anyone know how i can convert fragmented files into free space? I have
already manually deleted those that were possible, but would like to clean up
the disk. thanks.
--
beyond this place there be dragons

Use Windows Defragmenter..

"laurie" <laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know how i can convert fragmented files into free space? I
> have
> already manually deleted those that were possible, but would like to clean
> up
> the disk. thanks.
> --
> beyond this place there be dragons

Laurie

mike- i do use the windows defragmenter once a week. is there any other way?

"laurie" wrote:

> does anyone know how i can convert fragmented files into free space? I have
> already manually deleted those that were possible, but would like to clean up
> the disk. thanks.
> --
> beyond this place there be dragons

"laurie" <laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know how i can convert fragmented files into free space? I
> have
> already manually deleted those that were possible, but would like to clean
> up
> the disk. thanks.
> --
> beyond this place there be dragons

Just because a file is fragmented doesn't mean that it's bad or that you
don't need it. You could end up with a non-booting system of you delete
files just based on the fact that they're fragmented.

I don't really see what your problem is.. if you are looking to have any
spaces in the color bar after a defrag, don't waste your time.. fragmented
files are files that you may need,, why are you deleting them?..