converting PNG to ICO

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Hi. I have tried to convert PNGs to ICOs using numerous online apps. They shrink. 128x128png becomes a 32x32 ico. I heard it is a windows problem.

I just wanted to put some fun looney tune ICOs on my memory sticks to identify them using an autorun file.

Hi. I have tried to convert PNGs to ICOs using numerous online apps. They shrink. 128x128png becomes a 32x32 ico. I heard it is a windows problem.

I just wanted to put some fun looney tune ICOs on my memory sticks to identify them using an autorun file.

Most of online ICO generators produce 32x32 ico to use with the website, you should find a generator that supports desktop ICO.

Ralston18

Titan
Going back a bit:

The plan is to glue or stick Loony Tune characters on each memory stick and then have some file (autorun or otherwise) report individual RAM stick related parameters by Loony Tune character?

Do I understand correctly?

I would not so identify RAM sticks in that manner: gluing, stickies, etc. may not end well inside the computer. Especially on RAM sticks.

What parameters or issues are driving the need for ways, fun or otherwise, to identify the memory sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.