Cookie Dough Ice Creams

Now, I just can't eat raw cookie dough. Even if it's
in wee chunks, mixed in with good ice cream. The texture
is just totally gross.
Besides, rich cookie doughs usually have raw egg in
them, and I ain't *ever* gonna eat (or drink) raw egg.
I don't even *try* eggnog, you dig? And I sure as hell
avoid Caesar salad dressings. Yukkie boo! (All those years
of food-borne illness training didn't fall on deaf ears, dig?)

Okay, so this evening while grocery shopping, I'm loading
up on my favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Pistachio Pistachio,
when I spot some tiny containers of their Chocolate Fudge
Brownie.
The container says "chocolate ice cream with fudge brownie
pieces". Okay, it doesn't say anything about "dough" or "batter",
so what the heck- I'll try it.

Ooh yum. Gotta get me a BIG tub of this soon! The brownie
bits are very small but obviously cooked. YAY!!

So I polished off the wee container, and I wondered if there
are any other cookie-dough-ice-cream-haters in here? Meantime,
I'm going to get a pint of my Pistachio Pistachio...............

--

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Now, I just can't eat raw cookie dough. Even if it's
> in wee chunks, mixed in with good ice cream. The texture
> is just totally gross.
> Besides, rich cookie doughs usually have raw egg in
> them, and I ain't *ever* gonna eat (or drink) raw egg.
> I don't even *try* eggnog, you dig? And I sure as hell
> avoid Caesar salad dressings. Yukkie boo! (All those years
> of food-borne illness training didn't fall on deaf ears, dig?)
>
> Okay, so this evening while grocery shopping, I'm loading
> up on my favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Pistachio Pistachio,
> when I spot some tiny containers of their Chocolate Fudge
> Brownie.
> The container says "chocolate ice cream with fudge brownie
> pieces". Okay, it doesn't say anything about "dough" or "batter",
> so what the heck- I'll try it.
>
> Ooh yum. Gotta get me a BIG tub of this soon! The brownie
> bits are very small but obviously cooked. YAY!!
>
> So I polished off the wee container, and I wondered if there
> are any other cookie-dough-ice-cream-haters in here? Meantime,
> I'm going to get a pint of my Pistachio Pistachio...............

You know what flavour i really LOVE?!>!?!

Vanilla.

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42870e27_2
@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

> Now, I just can't eat raw cookie dough. Even if it's
> in wee chunks, mixed in with good ice cream. The texture
> is just totally gross.

Funny, I'm always the guy that licks the bowl for any baked good. Even
dumplings (which don't have eggs). ;)

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message

> So I polished off the wee container, and I wondered if there
> are any other cookie-dough-ice-cream-haters in here? Meantime,
> I'm going to get a pint of my Pistachio Pistachio...............
>
> --
> >^,,^< Miracle

I have to stop myself from eating chocolate chip cookie dough when I'm
making cookies. But cookie dough ice cream is not my favorite. My wife has
been hooked on Blue Bell Pistachio Almond. She fussed at me for getting
Carmel Sunday Crunch, but it was sooooo goooood! I love ice cream.

But the best ice cream of all was the homemade ice cream we would make at my
Grandfather's farm, in the summers when I was a kid. My mom would cook up
the ingredients for the ice cream, and while my dad or uncle would crank the
freezer she would make homemade fudge sause that was sinfully good.

Andy Smith wrote:
> I have to stop myself from eating chocolate chip cookie dough when I'm
> making cookies. But cookie dough ice cream is not my favorite. My
> wife has been hooked on Blue Bell Pistachio Almond. She fussed at me
> for getting Carmel Sunday Crunch, but it was sooooo goooood! I love
> ice cream.
>
> But the best ice cream of all was the homemade ice cream we would
> make at my Grandfather's farm, in the summers when I was a kid. My
> mom would cook up the ingredients for the ice cream, and while my dad
> or uncle would crank the freezer she would make homemade fudge sause
> that was sinfully good.

Ah yes, homemade is best if you make it by cooking the custard first.
That rich brew of cream and eggs can't be beat. The best ice creams are
the highest in fat content for a reason- it gives it the richness that we
remember.
I've got a wonderful recipe for a rich, dark chocolate ice cream, using
Hershey's syrup added to the custard. But the flavor I remember from
childhood is fresh peach. That was good eatin' on a hot Geaorgia summer
day.I should make some of that soon.
Now, where is our ice cream freezer? I'll bet it's in the shed........