Hey guys do you like to know about cool gadgets? i saw couple of them on
site www.fingergear.com . just have a look at them.One of the products
is called "Computer-On-a-Stick", which I just got today.It has its own
operating system and everything! I thought someone might want to
provide feedback on what they think.

--
taranicole1988

It actually doesn't have it's own operating system, and it isn't a computer.

It's a flash drive with some programs pre-loaded. Woo.

You want a really "cool" small computer?

http://www.gumstix.com/

THAT's a small computer with an operating system.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

Matt Gibson wrote:
> It actually doesn't have it's own operating system, and it isn't a computer.

I checked out both products. The FingerGear product does indeed have
its own onboard operating system. It is Debian Linux based. It also has
OpenOffice and loads of other software including FireFox, Email, IM,
PDF, etc, etc. It's a USB flash drive and has no onboard processor.
Instead, it uses the host PC processor. It is a bootable device which
bypasses Windows login and presents its own environment.

The gumstick product is something different. It is a development
platform, not a consumer product. It has its own onboard
microprocessor, but it has no flash memory, unless you purchase a
separate CF II card. Also, it is not a USB drive, so i don't really get
it. I guess the purpose of the product is for OEMs for designing
standalone computers.

-jbay