[SOLVED] Cooler Compatibility Meshify C + DC 240EX + Dominator RGB

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013
Hi All,

Just want to ask for assurance and clarity. Will the above components fit together well? Im not entirely sure what the site dimensions specify for the items.

As per PCPartpicker there are no compatibilities found.

Also, i will be switching the stocks fans on the Deep Cool 240EX with Noctua NF12's.

Thanks

Solution
The max component height refers to components on the top half of the motherboard, including ram.
Every now and then, there's the oddball board with unusually tall VRM heatsinks and/or rear I/O covers.
Meshify C will take a
  • Front radiator
    120/240/360 mm, 140/280 mm
  • Top radiator
    120/240 mm (max component height on motherboard 40 mm)
Castle 240EX is a 240mm rad so should fit top or front mount. I have searched for a build with this combo to verify 100% however I can't find one.

Dominator RGB are memory modules and compatibility depends on the CPU and Motherboard you are using.
Why the need to swap out the fans?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Corsair Dominator ram consists of 51-55mm tall modules. That is included with the 'max component height on motherboard 40 mm' in MeanMachine41's post.
A top mount, if you were considering it over a front one, is not possible because the ram would block it.

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013
Meshify C will take a
  • Front radiator
    120/240/360 mm, 140/280 mm
  • Top radiator
    120/240 mm (max component height on motherboard 40 mm)
Castle 240EX is a 240mm rad so should fit top or front mount. I have searched for a build with this combo to verify 100% however I can't find one.

Dominator RGB are memory modules and compatibility depends on the CPU and Motherboard you are using.
Why the need to swap out the fans?
to match the rest of my case fans, for aesthetics. I have a B550 aorus pro.

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013
Corsair Dominator ram consists of 51-55mm tall modules. That is included with the 'max component height on motherboard 40 mm' in MeanMachine41's post.
A top mount, if you were considering it over a front one, is not possible because the ram would block it.
sorry forgot to mention, I do have a B550 aorus pro for the motherboard and currently have Gskills Trident Z non RGB. The 'max component height on motherboard 40 mm' is the one i dont quite understand as the Gskill is 44mm.