Cooler for gtx 1070?

Deodedros

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2015
Hey guys I was wondering how I could cool my 1070. After doing Unigine heaven benchmark I noticed my card got up to 80*C which is not good. I'm using the MSI 1070 Armor version of the card.

The reason why I ask is because earlier today my screen flashed black multiple times and I was wondering if that meant my card was dying. It probably is because of its overheating issue.

Also my case is a corsair carbide 88R so my choices are limited cause its a mAtx case.

Solution
Something is wrong. Check to see if fan is turning on, set a custom fan curve etc... aside from that cooling internals might be bad, Exchange it.

I have an MSI 1070 overclocked from factory at 2000mhz. Even under 100% load for extended times (benchmarking or gaming) I dont go above 65c.... and thats just on fan\air cooling.

You shouldn't need an external cooler to obtain those temps.
Something is wrong. Check to see if fan is turning on, set a custom fan curve etc... aside from that cooling internals might be bad, Exchange it.

I have an MSI 1070 overclocked from factory at 2000mhz. Even under 100% load for extended times (benchmarking or gaming) I dont go above 65c.... and thats just on fan\air cooling.

You shouldn't need an external cooler to obtain those temps.

Solution

Deodedros

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2015

Interesting, I have two fans that are intaking and another two that are exhausting. I guess I'll exchange it and see what'll happen from there.