Question Cooler for i5 9600k overclocking

Sep 7, 2019
Hello, I would like to know what the cheapest cooler i can get for overclocking my i5 9600k to 5GHZ is.
Thanks

Specs:
i5 9600K CPU
Goodram IRDM X 16GB 3200mhz RAM
Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Graphics card
SilentumPC SG1M Case (If it's needed i could change the case that's no problem, and having it open if the cpu fan (if its a fan) wouldnt fit also isn't a problem)
Kolink 600W Power supply
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X Motherboard

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019
I would not even use that system, much less overclock it, with that power supply. Not a quality unit, at all. Do you already have everything, and just need a cooler, or is this a build you are considering?
I already have everything, if the psu really is bad i will change it but i just need a cooler for the CPU.

mossberg

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
This is a case of you should have asked before you bought. You would have been better off with a Ryzen 3600, over a 9600k. A cryorig H5 would probably be your best option, given the space and budget limits.

Reactions: wargen_
Sep 7, 2019
This is a case of you should have asked before you bought. You would have been better off with a Ryzen 3600, over a 9600k. A cryorig H5 would probably be your best option, given the space and budget limits.
Late response but I do have reasons for picking the 9600k. The purpose of this build isn't mainly gaming as I don't do that all the time. Why i went with a 9600k is because it has integrated graphics and the Ryzen 5 3600 doesn't, and whenever I don't need the RTX 2060 for when i do stuff like just browse the internet, I can just switch to the integrated graphics and pay less for the power bills.

Anyway about the cooler. It's good, it's cheap and it fits in the case so this cooler is the best option.
Thanks.