Question Cooler for integrated graphics ?

Answer: yes

Commendable
Mar 16, 2021
Hi. Recently i got a pc. The processor is a8 pro 6850b so it has intergrated r7 grapichs. The gpu chip*(or how do you call it) has no cooling board or anything. I heard that integrated gpus that have 512, 1024 mb of vram dont need a cooler( it sounds kinda weird so i guess its not true) . My question is: is there any way i can put a cooler on my gpu chip? A cooling board or something? Thanks.

Hi. Recently i got a pc. The processor is a8 pro 6850b so it has intergrated r7 grapichs. The gpu chip*(or how do you call it) has no cooling board or anything. I heard that integrated gpus that have 512, 1024 mb of vram dont need a cooler( it sounds kinda weird so i guess its not true) . My question is: is there any way i can put a cooler on my gpu chip? A cooling board or something? Thanks.

The 'gpu' in that A8 is fully integrated into the cpu, there is only one chip that does both, and the cooling is handled by the cpu cooler.

Commendable
Mar 16, 2021
The 'gpu' in that A8 is fully integrated into the cpu, there is only one chip that does both, and the cooling is handled by the cpu cooler.
Thanks for the fast reply. So i should not be worried about the temperature? I mean my pc doesnt die(overheats and shuts down) even after hours of "gaming".

Mar 16, 2021
Thanks for the fast reply. So i should not be worried about the temperature? I mean my pc doesnt die(overheats and shuts down) even after hours of "gaming".

I have played with my old pc and got similar cpu type that came with intergrated gpu. Have been playing for that pc for some long hours doesn't cause any problem and always check cpu temp if theres any difference and after that, i got a gaming laptop which is, i have been running fifa for 6 hours non stop and so nothing is happen. At least u know, limit cpu temp while gaming at least 75-80% and if u doesnt have any problem with overheating, great news for u. Just u need always to check ur cpu temp after long-period hour when gaming.

Commendable
Mar 16, 2021
You can check the temps using CPUID HW Monitor (it's a free tool) - load up a game and see what the temps are, if the cpu cooler is working as intended it should keep the load temps below 80C under load.
Well in the amd andrenaline it always shows that gpu is about 20 cO. I should try that cpuid program.

Commendable
Mar 16, 2021
I have played with my old pc and got similar cpu type that came with intergrated gpu. Have been playing for that pc for some long hours doesn't cause any problem and always check cpu temp if theres any difference and after that, i got a gaming laptop which is, i have been running fifa for 6 hours non stop and so nothing is happen. At least u know, limit cpu temp while gaming at least 75-80% and if u doesnt have any problem with overheating, great news for u. Just u need always to check ur cpu temp after long-period hour when gaming.
I put my processor to min 75% and max 100%. Should i go for a 50 or 40 % min?

TRENDING THREADS