Question Cooler for LGA 1700 i5 12600k?

smrdelj

Honorable
Jan 16, 2017
Hello everyone, thanks for your help! I bought an i5 12600k and a Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4. I have a Corsair H100i v2 water cooler that would not be compatible so I would need to buy a new one. I will use the pc for gaming. Maybe I'll do some OC (most likely not), but anyway nothing extreme. I have read that there are few compatible coolers "out of the box". So I'm kind of lost. I also don't know if water or air would be better. I would like to spend only what is necessary from a functional perspective, I am not interested in paying for RGB or anything like that. Recommendations? Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
Budget for your cooler? Preferred site for purchase?

I'd look into a 240mm AIO at the very least or go upwards from there. You could look into the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 if you want to have headroom when overclocking but with a 150W TDP(and then some more) on the processor, I'd look into beefy coolers.

Reactions: smrdelj

smrdelj

Honorable
Jan 16, 2017
Budget for your cooler? Preferred site for purchase?

I'd look into a 240mm AIO at the very least or go upwards from there. You could look into the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 if you want to have headroom when overclocking but with a 150W TDP(and then some more) on the processor, I'd look into beefy coolers.
Ok thanks! In my country Id Cooling coolers are much more cheaper than others, so id go with the frostflow x 240, its 250 tdp and looks pretty identical to my corsair h100iv2.

Hello everyone, thanks for your help! I bought an i5 12600k and a Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4. I have a Corsair H100i v2 water cooler that would not be compatible so I would need to buy a new one. I will use the pc for gaming. Maybe I'll do some OC (most likely not), but anyway nothing extreme. I have read that there are few compatible coolers "out of the box". So I'm kind of lost. I also don't know if water or air would be better. I would like to spend only what is necessary from a functional perspective, I am not interested in paying for RGB or anything like that. Recommendations? Thank you!
It might be worth checking with Corsair about a mounting kit for your H100i v2

TRENDING THREADS