[SOLVED] Cooler for oc 4ghz ryzen 2600

d7wish

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Hi,
I got myself ryzen 2600 and oc it to 4 ghz 1.3v i set it to 1.31v just in case.

1- does that call overvolting or should I decrease the volt to 1.3 since it's stable?

In all games ( gta 5 bf4 the division total war empire )i have no crashes till now at least but i run stress tests specialy on prime95 aida64 the temperature spikes up to 95c+ and then crashes after 10 or 15 mn, and on asus real bench it passes the test but between 90c and 95c didn't go beyond that.

2-is there any air cooler ( I prefer air cooler ) that can keep it under 70c ( is it even possible ) putting in mind my case is corsair spec 3.

It's oced for a week now with daily usage like gaming, photoshop nothing heavy, my max temp 64c, i didn't work with any heavy programs but i may in the future so that's why i want a good cooler.

3- does even stress tests present real life tasks like video editing and if there is can u give some names of these programs im planing to start learning.
Mobo msi b450 carbon ac
Evga gta 980
I play 1440p 60hz settings normal to ultra 50+ fps

Solution
If it is stable at 1.3, then dont run it at 1.31 as the extra voltage will just increase your temps.

You need better cooler to run the 2600 at 4ghz. That stock cooler is not really designed for that type of overclock. I would look at the Cryorig H5.

I dont do video editing, but encoding is a common process in ediiting, so I suggest using handbrake as more of a "real life" test other than a synthetic stress test.
If it is stable at 1.3, then dont run it at 1.31 as the extra voltage will just increase your temps.

You need better cooler to run the 2600 at 4ghz. That stock cooler is not really designed for that type of overclock. I would look at the Cryorig H5.

I dont do video editing, but encoding is a common process in ediiting, so I suggest using handbrake as more of a "real life" test other than a synthetic stress test.

Solution
Feb 25, 2019
I know the topic is a little old, but the stock cooler for my 2600 runs 4ghz at 1.375v just fine. No temps over 85C or no throttling during 3-hour game sessions on AC Odyssey.
Running the CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced which is a really nice airflow case.