[SOLVED] Cooler for ryzen 2600

Aug 27, 2019
Hi I have ordered a ryzen 2600 on a b450 asrock fatality k4 motherboard. The case I will put them in is a fractal design r5. I have about 30 euros left and I was thinking of either buying an extra fan for the case and using the stock cooler on the ryzen 2600, or buying a cpu cooler for about 30 euros.

Here is a list of the prices on cpu coolers in my country. Any suggestions. (keep in mind the dimensions so that the cooler wont bother the 2 sticks of rams).

https://www.skroutz.gr/c/673/cpu-fans.html?o=cpu+cooler&price_max=35.0&price_min=20.001

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.

Solution
Completely agreed with above - I would buy a cooler later if you need to. And if you do then, you can save up a bit more for a better cooler.
The stock is pretty good and 30 euro coolers around probably won't improve much over the stock.
The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is always a good choice. In the $30 range it is usually about the best HSF you can buy. That being said the cooler that comes with the 2600 is decent and will keep the CPU cool, just maybe a bit louder than the 212. If you aren't looking at overclocking the 2600 the stock HSF is plenty.

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Completely agreed with above - I would buy a cooler later if you need to. And if you do then, you can save up a bit more for a better cooler.
The stock is pretty good and 30 euro coolers around probably won't improve much over the stock.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The stock is pretty good and probably not much that 30 euros could improve much on,
Agreed. The stock cooler is actually pretty good, as long as you don't OC with it. Otherwise, it can get a little loud when under load.