[SOLVED] Cooler master 212 evo vs Black 212 rbg

Solution
Mainly cosmetic, but almost identical in cooling performance. The splitter will work with any motherboard that has a 4 pin fan header.
That said, there are far better air coolers compared to the Hyper 212 out there. Not a great value option either as the performance is mediocre.
Mainly cosmetic, but almost identical in cooling performance. The splitter will work with any motherboard that has a 4 pin fan header.
That said, there are far better air coolers compared to the Hyper 212 out there. Not a great value option either as the performance is mediocre.

Reactions: krsensei21
Solution

krsensei21

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020
sweet thanks! And oh really? I had watched a few videos of people with 3600s & 3600x switching out the stock coolers with these. Any suggestions? Stock wraith cooler is currently making me not even want to test a game.

sweet thanks! And oh really? I had watched a few videos of people with 3600s & 3600x switching out the stock coolers with these. Any suggestions? Stock wraith cooler is currently making me not even want to test a game.

If you can buy from amazon this will wipe the floor with the 212 EVO, both in cooling performance and value:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($48.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $48.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-27 12:29 EDT-0400

krsensei21

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020
If you can buy from amazon this will wipe the floor with the 212 EVO, both in cooling performance and value:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($48.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $48.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-27 12:29 EDT-0400

sweet I’ll buy that right now actually. I appreciate it man , seriously.

Apologies but one last question before I order it. Is there a way to see if it will fit in this setup I’ve built

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j9vkdD

sweet I’ll buy that right now actually. I appreciate it man , seriously.

Apologies but one last question before I order it. Is there a way to see if it will fit in this setup I’ve built

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/j9vkdD

Yes it will... the case has 160mm of height clearance for the CPU cooler.
The Hyper 212 is about 160mm tall while the Scythe Mugen is actually smaller (height wise) at 154mm.