[SOLVED] Cooler Master 212 LGA 1700 Adapter

mooripo

Commendable
Mar 2, 2022
Hi kind people of tomshardware :D

I have recently bought a (Cooler Master 212); meanwhile other components of my PC started to die which obliged me to buy new components, But the MB (MSI B660M-A Pro ) that I ordered online has (LGA 1700) socket, I had found that an adapter exists to mount the (CM 212) on (LGA1700) socket, but I can't get my hand on it, so my silly question is, can any of these (available to me) Kits work too for my (CM 212) Noctua Adapter & Scythe Adapter ?

Thank you beforehand,

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard? If it's an (certain)Asus board, you should be able to see two sets of mounting holes. As for your question with the cooler, no, you can't mix and match mounting hardware of other coolers since they are patented and would mean you need to do the reverse engineering, which isn't a good idea if you don't know what you're doing.

You might want to return the cooler or contact Coolermaster for an LGA1700 mounting kit.

Reactions: mooripo
Hi kind people of tomshardware :D

I have recently bought a (Cooler Master 212); meanwhile other components of my PC started to die which obliged me to buy new components, But the MB (MSI B560M-A PRO) that I ordered online has (LGA 1700) socket, I had found that an adapter exists to mount the (CM 212) on (LGA1700) socket, but I can't get my hand on it, so my silly question is, can any of these (available to me) Kits work too for my (CM 212) Noctua Adapter & Scythe Adapter ?

Thank you beforehand,
Something doesn't add up. The B560 boards are LGA1200. Did you mean MSI B660M-A Pro?

Reactions: mooripo

TRENDING THREADS