Question Cooler master 430 elite case project let's improve it

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
Hi there guys, okay I come with an interesting "project" I'm using a cooler master 430 elite case https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/cases/elite-430-black/

Which as you can tell , i t has terrible cable management like seriously and the airflow is not exactly the best, specially if using a "big" gpu, so here's the deal :

I recently got a ryzen 5600x, with a gigabyte aorus elite b550 and I'm using a hyper 212 black edition cooler for the cpu , i also have a gtx 980 reference card, all this with a evga 500w 80plus w1 not the n1 edition .

I currently have 3 case fans , the one in front as intake , the one on the side of the case facing the gpu where is also intake, and the one on the backside for outake of the cpu heat.

The thing is that I recently put a secondary fan on the cpu heatsink as outake, the front fan is of course intake.

What i wanna know is , if there's a way to improve the airflow and temps with the current items I have ? And if so , do I need to change the positions of certain fans or remove one for that matter ? Yes I'm aware i could get a better case for my components and i will, but this is a let's see what we can do thing with this case , out of being creative about it.

Thanks for your time, i hope someone feels interested in the idea and well provide feedback.

If pictures are needed I'll provide If requested.

Jan 21, 2021
i think you will better of not not tweaking your setup at all your card is blower style so it won't be benefit at all from more outtake (maybe one more fan at the top?) also its a good idea if you can remove the hard drive holder at the back of the front intake if its not used ,one last think check for dust and that nothing is blocking the outtake or the intake in and out of the case .

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
i think you will better of not not tweaking your setup at all your card is blower style so it won't be benefit at all from more outtake (maybe one more fan at the top?) also its a good idea if you can remove the hard drive holder at the back of the front intake if its not used ,one last think check for dust and that nothing is blocking the outtake or the intake in and out of the case .

I took pictures so you can get a better image of the state of this pc case :

https://postimg.cc/gallery/6Tcb5m5

You have no idea how much I've tried to do a better management of cables but it's just not possible , second thing is that I no longer use the dvd drive but I'd I take it out i no longer have the piece to put it back there on the case, so it would be empty and idk how to seal it

update: i removed the outake fan from the cpu cooler, and put it on top of the case as intake air fan instead so it can bring air into the cpu zone. the rest i left it the same.
we'll see if it improves something, sadly i had to disconnect the power cable from the cpu to the moterhboard and put it above the gpu cuz the cable is not long enough so yeah.

final.png

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021
one think that might be good is to seal (even with some tape) the fan slot next to the power supply to stop the dust from getting in it should help with thermals . Also check that the exhaust has enough room from the wall 10-15 cm should be ok .

PS:My pc is about 5 meters away from my desk inside a bookshelf mounted on a piece of wood no case at all and my only exhaust fan is a turbine through the wall outside for the summer and one noctua fan that exhaust inside the room for the winter believe me when i say i know how hard cable management is . the only good thing in my case is that i don't see inside.

take a look for some inspiration

https://postimg.cc/DS0MwnM5

Reactions: Chriss Angeh

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
one think that might be good is to seal (even with some tape) the fan slot next to the power supply to stop the dust from getting in it should help with thermals . Also check that the exhaust has enough room from the wall 10-15 cm should be ok .

PS:My pc is about 5 meters away from my desk inside a bookshelf mounted on a piece of wood no case at all and my only exhaust fan is a turbine through the wall outside for the summer and one noctua fan that exhaust inside the room for the winter believe me when i say i know how hard cable management is . the only good thing in my case is that i don't see inside.

take a look for some inspiration

https://postimg.cc/DS0MwnM5
I actually have a fan on the side of the psu as you can see on the case model it has an option to mount one which is what I did , and i noticed how it has helped with the gpu temp now , I'll keep the cleaning more often from now on though , but i also think putting the fan on top of the case as Intake has also helped a bit, just gotta face the reality that this is a really terrible case.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021
I actually have a fan on the side of the psu as you can see on the case model it has an option to mount one which is what I did , and i noticed how it has helped with the gpu temp now , I'll keep the cleaning more often from now on though , but i also think putting the fan on top of the case as Intake has also helped a bit, just gotta face the reality that this is a really terrible case.
i am afraid i have to agree on this one.its messy case, also i was referring to the hole in front of the psu the downwards one try to stay away from using them they suck a lot of dust in your system even with filters at last if your on the market for a case i would sagest this one
it is cheap has decent cable management good airflow and its beautiful .they also have one without glass side panel mx330x i think which is cheaper but not for much

Chriss Angeh

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2015
i am afraid i have to agree on this one.its messy case, also i was referring to the hole in front of the psu the downwards one try to stay away from using them they suck a lot of dust in your system even with filters at last if your on the market for a case i would sagest this one
it is cheap has decent cable management good airflow and its beautiful .they also have one without glass side panel mx330x i think which is cheaper but not for much

trust me i will get a new one eventually, this case no longer works for tbh.
problem for me right now is that in my country there are not many choices to pick from when it comes to cases, and if theres a decent one, its so overpriced, ill link you to some of the places with cases perhaps u can give a recomendation.

https://store.zonadigitalsv.com/category/527?page=1

Jan 21, 2021
trust me i will get a new one eventually, this case no longer works for tbh.
problem for me right now is that in my country there are not many choices to pick from when it comes to cases, and if theres a decent one, its so overpriced, ill link you to some of the places with cases perhaps u can give a recomendation.

https://store.zonadigitalsv.com/category/527?page=1

from a quick view i think this look like a good one

https://store.zonadigitalsv.com/product/4710562755244

it looks like it has decent cable management, it should have a decent airflow, its good looking , aerocool is a renowned brand and the price seams fair. Now to be fair that is an opinion based on what i could find over the internet and some reviews , i have no personal experience from that case nor that manufacturers case's. That's why i cant <<recommend >> it, i can only say that if i where you in that market i would probably get that one. with that said case market in general is random you may get a very good cheap case but you may also get a very bad expensive one. At last it also comes down to personal preference find one that you like and my advise: don't overspend on the case.