Cooler Master Announces Budget CM Force 500 Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Ew, a top mounted power supply? Well, they made everything fit well in that example, the radiator is snug and the cable management looks great.

sporkimus

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
[citation][nom]Spooderman[/nom]Ew, a top mounted power supply? Well, they made everything fit well in that example, the radiator is snug and the cable management looks great.[/citation]

If by great cable management you mean that they did a swell job of plugging power into the motherboard, then yes, they did a good job.

retrophe

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I like the inset motherboard tray but hate the top mounted power supply and cable routing is in an area where you can mount two fans . . . why? What reason is there for putting fans there? Cooling hard drives? front mounted work just fine.

G

[citation][nom]Spooderman[/nom]Ew, a top mounted power supply? Well, they made everything fit well in that example, the radiator is snug and the cable management looks great.[/citation]
What cable management? Nothing is connected except for motherboard (24 pin).

But I agree with top mounted PSU, what's up with that? This is 2013.

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
[citation][nom]retrophe[/nom]I like the inset motherboard tray but hate the top mounted power supply and cable routing is in an area where you can mount two fans . . . why? What reason is there for putting fans there? Cooling hard drives? front mounted work just fine.[/citation]
Yeah, those fans aren't going to do much once you run cables through there. If you're going to put fans on the side of the hard drive bays, the cables need to feed through before the fan mounts rather than having to cross the fans on both sides. The way it's set up now you either forfeit cable management behind the motherboard tray entirely or don't get any real use from those fans. Not only is it blocking airflow, but on one side or another you're going to have cables being mashed into fan blades, which is never a good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.