Cooler Master Announces its JetFlo 120 mm LED Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
"The Smart Jam Protection feature can detect when there are objects present that obstruct the turning of the blades and will automatically stop rotation to prevent damage. After removal of the foreign objects the fan will resume normal operations.".

So if it detects more power consumption/less RPM than what should be, it'll think there is a jam and cut power?

Won't be good if it is because of dust build up from possible neglected maintenance.
Or is it more intelligent that that?

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
If there is anything I have learned from CM fans is that they suck once you place a good filter in front of them. I use a CM Storm Scout 2 wih Demci Flex filters on the top and front and the included fans moved no air at max speed when the filter was on the case. I ended up going Cougar to get some good airflow with the filter but the PWM noise is terrible.

I am willing o give these a shot, I like how the LEDs emit from the center instead from the frame. This in turn make the blades glow rather than the traditional LED mount that sucks. Hopefully they do not suffer from PWM high pitch whine noise. I would have loved it if the incorporated the LED on off functions into these fans. Would go great with a Cosmos 2 or Storm Scout 2.

JobCreator

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
With this Jam Detection Protection thingamajig, what if it's on your CPU cooler? Suddenly you won't have an operable fan cooling the heatsink? That's safe...

Are there warnings that it stopped spinning? Or is my CPU going to go into melt mode while it waits for me to remove the jam?

Minh Tran

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
This fan is really noisy at 1700 rpm. I managed to adjust the speed via BIOS to 1500 rpm but it's still really really loud. It pushes a lot of air albeit the noise but otherwise I'd go for something quieter in the future.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I brought 4 of them. Plugging 2 of them on the same cable connected to my H80i fried the cooler. The pump died and the fan controller died. The same thing will happen if you plug them into a H100i so you cannot do push/pull on a Corsair AIO with these unless you power the fans from the PSU or the motherboard.

They are loud when past 1500RPM but 1200RPM is the sweet spot. Just a warning, if you have any mesh infront of one of these fans when set to intake it will be noisy unless it is set to under 1000RPM. On exaust it does not create this noise, only intake.
The best of all is that there is no PWM whine, tick, or hum. Just the sound of air moving. I was going to swap out all my Cougars for these but decided to swap them for Corsair SP Performance fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.