Review Cooler Master Caliber X1C Review: A Gaming Chair That Keeps You Cool

Dragonwatcher

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
These chairs are all the same. I really need a new chair, but I don't want one with the Frikken hard armrests. I want padded armrests on any chair I buy. 90% of all these "Gaming Chairs" all have the hard plastic armrests or minimally padded ones that will permanently squish down after a couple weeks to months. Been looking at the ones that also recline and a few of them almost look comfortable, some even have a slide out footrest. Both for office chairs and the "Gaming Chairs" just not sure which one to buy because like most people I really want to be able to sit in it at a store before I drop several hundred dollars on a new chair. Yes, I said several hundred because you usually get what you pay for and the last chair, I bought I spent about 225 - 250 on and it has lasted me for about 7 years now, only need to replace it because the upholstery is peeling due to my cat having sunk his claws into it and damaging the bonded leather. Anyone have any advice as to which ones to avoid like the plague as well as recommendations?

Mar 25, 2022
Does anyone know where to even get this chair? The link on Cooler Master takes you to Amazon, but they don't have it listed anywhere.
Also, can anyone comment on the wings of the chair where your shoulders are? A lot of gaming chairs have them really inward, causing your shoulders to push in and force a slouch. These don't look that bad but its really hard to tell from a picture.

Mar 25, 2022
These chairs are all the same. I really need a new chair, but I don't want one with the Frikken hard armrests. I want padded armrests on any chair I buy. 90% of all these "Gaming Chairs" all have the hard plastic armrests or minimally padded ones that will permanently squish down after a couple weeks to months. Been looking at the ones that also recline and a few of them almost look comfortable, some even have a slide out footrest. Both for office chairs and the "Gaming Chairs" just not sure which one to buy because like most people I really want to be able to sit in it at a store before I drop several hundred dollars on a new chair. Yes, I said several hundred because you usually get what you pay for and the last chair, I bought I spent about 225 - 250 on and it has lasted me for about 7 years now, only need to replace it because the upholstery is peeling due to my cat having sunk his claws into it and damaging the bonded leather. Anyone have any advice as to which ones to avoid like the plague as well as recommendations?
For the past 5 years I've been using a TP-9000 from Staples. The seat is amazingly comfortable and the back is good too. I also got the headrest. The armrests are the firmer rubberized plastic though. One thing good with this chair though was the back would stretch, but if you keep the receipt you can just send the Raynor group an e-mail with a copy of the receipt and for 5 years they'll send free backs. Swap it out and its ready to go again.
Sadly, my chair ran out of warranty and I'm looking for a new one. Hopefully one that doesn't have a stretchy mesh back.
Good luck to ya.