Cooler Master Cosmos C700M Review: A Colossal Success

SockPuppet

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I'm still rocking the OG Cosmos case. Very few items in the PC world actually last as long as you think they will. I'm proud to report this case is one of them.

You couldn't ask for a more full-featured, future-proof chassis than the Cooler Master Cosmos C700M.
Future-proof, unless you decide in the future that you don't want your PC to be similar in size and weight to a mini fridge. : P

It's nice to see an external drive bay included, though the means of accessing it behind the front panel looks a bit janky. I would rather see a small portion of the panel flip open rather than the entire thing, and perhaps have it so that the bay portion could optionally be exposed at all times. That front panel also seems to contain more plastic than I would like to see in a $400+ case, particularly for a part of the case that might get interacted with on a regular basis.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
hmmm. While it has some additional features it's difficult to reconcile the cost versus a Define R6, NZT, or BeQuiet! chassis costing 1/3rd as much.

Also I think it's hideous looking, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in this case I suspect the stylistic appeal is geared toward younger enthusiasts who want their box to scream "I play games!".

Nov 22, 2018
@SOCKPUPPET

Same here. Been "rocking" the Cosmos for almost 7 years, but this is probably it's last week. It's dusty in every orifice (and it has loads of those), dirty and scratched, and I'm not happy with the front port layout anymore. It's time to move on.

I've been thinking about getting the Cosmos II. It's also a fantastic looking monster of a case, but like with the original Cosmos, it's age is showing in it's front panel. So I'm just going to take the leap, and go for the C700M. I like the look, love the features and layout. The glass panel combined with a nice layout (with lights!!!) will make it look like it's already 2019.

Going to order it in one hour. I'm both happy and sad...

Apr 9, 2019
hi I own this case as of yesterday got everything installed in it but have one problem I don't know how to set up the rbg for the strips on outside of case and underneath I see theres 2 3 pin connectors when I connect them only part of the rbg is coming on any help plz someone

Apr 24, 2019
hi I own this case as of yesterday got everything installed in it but have one problem I don't know how to set up the rbg for the strips on outside of case and underneath I see theres 2 3 pin connectors when I connect them only part of the rbg is coming on any help plz someone
Check you have connected the controller correctly (p24 of Manual).

marnes

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
This is an amazing case and I bought it several months ago. I like that it's huge, I like the aesthetics of it -- it literally looks like it came out of a Tron movie. Very high quality parts, and incredibly modular. In this situation, I got what I paid for, even from a build quality only perspective.

The reason I like big full sized cases is a valid one. I generally don't move my computer, and I like having options for installing things. It is definitely big and heavy, but the aluminum handles allow for easy pickup.

Rewind to 1997 -- I built my first water-cooled case. Got the distilled water, put in the powder, overclocked my Celeron significantly and all was fine. 1-2 years later, my computer started overheating. The pump was fine, but upon closer inspection discovered the entire circuit had algae growth in it. Then I meticulously disassembled it, and attempted to clean it. There was no cleaning that out. It was done. So I decided I'd never do that again.

But as a result, I found that sizeable aluminum cases act as great passive cooling, so the inside of your computer can dissipate far better than a smaller case. Get some quality fans, and you end up with a quiet rig. In the early 2000s I bought a nice all aluminum silverstone case, and that lasted me until I bought this one. The case predated 2.5" drives, didn't have the fancy rubber vibration dampening, and had headers for USB1.0 probably. I had additional problems where my Intel 4790K with a nice big coolermaster heatsink on it, was too big for the pull out tray, so I had to install it the old fashioned way.