Cooler Master Cosmos C700P XL-ATX Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case has some looks. Has four USB on the front. Has flexibility. Color me impressed on that, Cooling? not so impressed. Price? Lian-Li territory pricing: Too rich for my blood. So, unless they have a sale on it that puts it about 66% off when its time for me to grab a new case... I'll pass.

johnsaar2005

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
You only reviewed this from an air cooling perspective. If your going to fully review a case you need to go over water cooling custom loops and enclosed aio. People who are interested in this case are most likely not going to use stock fans and will purchase or have better available from previous builds. This review seems rushed.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
They're all a little rushed these days, but we've brought on another case editor to ease the burden.

To be fair, cases like this would need to be tested two ways, and the second way would require a completely different standardized cooling system. Standardizing is tough when you can't pick a format:Is it fair to test a 3x 140mm case with a 2x 120mm cooler, or should 2x 120mm cases be excluded from the second test?

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Looks great but it is a monster case. At half size to accommodate CPU, 1x GPU, 1x SDD and 2x HDDs comfortably using the very same designs at $150 would definitely make more people interested in.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
CoolerMaster do not get it. 90% of the people out there do not want a monster case anymore, its not the year 2000! No one is going to buy this throw in 2x 420 radiators an eATX board with triple GPU and water cool everything creating a 50LB monster when they can go AIO with a ITX and AIO GPU. Everyone is trying to go smaller with more power. If this case was microATX with 280 rad support then it will work but this case will only be seen on showroom floors, or on review sites until the next thing some out.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Christ on a bike! 47.9lbs, without innards (hardware) being installed. I feel L5, L4 and L3 being ruptured just having to heave this monolith from the floor to bench (even with using proper lifting technique) to begin breathing life into it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I had to carry it from my build bench to my photo bench and back, with another 15 pounds or so of hardware installed :D

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

You sir, are an Olympian! :bounce:

samer.forums

Notable
BANNED
Sep 30, 2017

Standardizing in cases testing should take the maximum cooling ability of the case.

That is : Fit Everything that it can take then test it.

not fair to other cases ? who said so ? If the case can take more cooling objects then it has better cooling potential. full stop.

you can however add Price/cooling Ratio at the end as well.

your way of looking at it is like someone Tests a Ferrari and then say : should I test all the gears ? or just test 4 gears because some cars have only 4 gears ?

no when you test ANYTHING you test its MAXIMUM Ability , then you put Price/cooling Ratio.

And by the way , people who want cheap cooling will never pay $300 for a case .. AND people who look at $300 cases will pay alot for cooling object and the review here will not help them decide against similar priced products .

Here is a Standardization :

Rule : in Any case , test it to the maximum ability BUT Categorize cases :

The best category is price range :

Cases 1:under $100

Cases 2 : $100-$200

Cases 3 : $200-$350

Cases 4 : $350+

and one more thing , we need also Volume/Performance Ratio ..

Some times a smaller case beats a larger case .. this is IMPORTANT as well. because no one wants a huge case without any real benefit .

Edit : one more thing , your test CPU and GPU as well ...

Categorize them depending on TDP and not CPU and GPU alone

why ? when you use TDP of the CPU , TDP of the GPU , overclocked TDP mind it !!! then it will be a reference for the future, ten years from now you can select the same TDP so that you can compare in Table all the cases without the need of retesting them again.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
So you're suggesting we get like, four different water coolers, 2x120/3x120/2x140/3x140, with identical heads/pumps/lines/etc, and test each case differently. Of course we're also testing the stock fans, so really we'd still need to test some of the cases two ways right? I mean, I guess since most cases don't have top fans, we could test whatever the maximum radiator support on top is, while retaining the stock fans...

But about that ten years from now thing, we quit caring as soon as the case drops out of the market.

samer.forums

Notable
BANNED
Sep 30, 2017

yes why not ? fill the cases up and then test their maximum potential.

as for stock fans well thats a problem for one reason , most people will replace them when watercooling , so I have a better solution.

Choose the best fans around for the max potential . use those same in all cases when you water cool only.

and for the stock fans , Test the cases AS IS using stock fans , that is , you dont replace/add anything but call this Entry level test.

and then Test it all water cooled , which everyone will replace the fans anyways , or the fans come with the kits they bought , and then put full water cooled results.

as for the TDP thing , it is better as well why ?

you can test the same case using two CPUs ... lets say 90-150oc TDP (like i7 8700k/AMD Ryzen , and 150-250oc TDP (threadripper/intel E CPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.