News Cooler Master Drops Ridiculous Orb X Gaming Throne

Dantte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Imperator Works are the original gaming chair manufacturer with decades of experience and multiple models and features. I believe Tom's Hardware even did a review back in the 2000's. Everyone else is a copy cat and unless Cooler Master can come out with a cheaper rendition, I'm not sure what value they bring with this chair?

Last edited:

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Imperator Works are the original gaming chair manufacturer with decades of experience and multiple models and features. I believe Tom's Hardware even did a review back in the 2000's. Everyone else is a copy cat and unless Cosair's can come out with a cheaper rendition, I'm not sure what value they bring with this chair?
Corsair cheaper? That's a nice joke.
I don't see what they'd bring to the table to this niche product and market segment.

blacknemesist

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
I remember seeing something exactly shaped like this way back somewhere.
"It's immersive", also limited to 1 34'' lol just buy a racing sim with 3 TVs and you get better for cheaper(most probably)

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
That monitor is too small, the chair looks uncomfortable, the lady is trapped and it looks like it cost too much.

I recommend a 40" wall mount: Amazon.com: Mount-It! Long Arm TV Mount, Full Motion Wall Bracket with 40 inch Extension Articulating Arm, Fits Screen Sizes 42, 47, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80 Inch, VESA 800x400mm Compatible, Holds up to 110 lbs : Electronics (price doubled over the last 4 years but still not too bad), whatever tv you want that is at least 55", a comfortable office chair, preferably with springs in the cushions so it doesn't go flat, like this one: Serta Big & Tall High Back Manger's Office Chair, Black Bonded Leather Upholstery - Walmart.com , an ottoman of some sort, and a lap desk. And probably some office chair mat to save your floor from scratches. Maybe some good headphones. Pretty much what I've had for the last 8 years and it is hard for me to enjoy normal setups anymore.

How big of a fov is big enough? As large as you can see without turning your head. Desks are for papers.

At least for immersion. For competitive shooters you want small as is clear, so stick with something small on a big desk in a cold room. These setups aren't good for that.

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
Love how they decided to showcase the typical use of this monstrosity by sitting a bored teenage in it and have her stare blankly into her phone.
Cooler Master: Here is a gaming throne for your Snapchat and TikTok browsing adventures.
Gamers: Is this an April 1st joke?
Cooler Master: Don't you guys have phones?

EDIT: Corrected my brain fart moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: rluker5