Question Cooler Master Elite120

Dec 31, 2018
Picked one up for $20 new off of Facebook marketplace. Why not right?

Looking to make this a media PC, have a friend that's really good at case modding. Going to do a clear side where the GPU mounts and maybe on the other side also.

Anyways. Not sure What AM4 boards i should go with, and GPU.

Would i be able to go with an AIO for both CPU and GPU (Vega 64 LC)? Kinda thinking not. but i'll see what you guys think.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Water cooling on a media PC, a Vega 64? Sounds like you are building a gaming PC. Not really room for CLCs at all. If you are going to chop it up anyway, you are pretty much going to have to gut it.

Custom loop would make more sense to get them both covered, then you only have to think of one radiator mount. I could see a really thick 140mm rad at the front of the case. Or perhaps a side panel mounted 240mm. You could try to stack 120mm AIO radiators in the front.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-nexxxos-monsta-140mm.html, just add pump/res and your CPU and GPU block and some fittings. Quite expensive, but so is buying a pair of decent AIO.

You'll lose the drive cages, so a motherboard with M.2 slots would be best. A fast 512GB NVMe drive like the 970 Evo, and if you need more storage, pick up a 970 Qvo to supplement. Basically a fast TLC drive and a QLC drive, which is slower and less reliable, but massively cheaper. That will leave you all the case volume for the rest of the hardware.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/N4...ac-mini-itx-am4-motherboard-b450-gaming-itxac

Should have another M.2 slot on the back I believe.

AMD Cpus don't benefit much from water cooling, but Ryzen 2600 is on sale pretty well. Or you can go with the Ryzen 3600. Vega 64 or Radeon VII are quite power hungry so the lower power Ryzen chips might be very good.

I can see lots of ways to do this, you could easily go with air cooling in the stock chassis. Would be less fun though.

Dec 31, 2018
I'm thinking thats a lot of work, it'll be connected to my LG C8 OLED TV. for some casual Destiny 2 gaming, and mostly movies.

I'll just stick to air cooling lol. GPU im thinking a Vega 64 Sapphire

an M.2 is going in it for sure, a 2600 is exactly what im eyeballing along with an Aorus B450 motherboard. I have a 2.5" 4TB spindle drive used for storage in my current PC is used for movies, i'll just move it over to that. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS