Question cooler master evo 212 fan replacement

Blos88

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
hey all

so i have this cooler master 212 evo with an i7 2600 non k only turbo boost

and a thermal take blue 120mm fan

so i need replacement for the fan and also better cooling i have 2 cm fans but they died, so i bought from ebay 2 cheap chinese fans 120mm

are this compatible with the fan? i mean the bracket holding the fan

pictures below:
s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

thank u!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Those are addressable RGB fans, can ways tell by the rainbow. Rgb fans only change colors in one solid state, it's either all red or all blue or green etc. Argb require a specific setup, some sort of controller module. Many upper grade motherboards have that included, but lower grade are still using only 5050 RGB for 12v lighting strips.

If those fans do not come with some sort of USB plug-in module and software, or a remote controller box, then they will light up, in their default colors only, which is usually red, and stay that way.

Otherwise there shouldn't be an issue re-using the EVO clips as they are standard 120mm mounts.

Blos88

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
I see,they dont come with any usb or controller or software.
I have an asus rog maximus 5 formula

So it is safe to use them on my motherboard with no controllers?
Just plug and go

Ty

Blos88

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
bump i have the specs for the fans:

Description

Feature:
  • 100% brand new and high quality
  • Ultra quiet design.
  • High-Brightness Colorful LED lamps.
  • there is a standard 120mm fan for computer case cooling. With optimized static air pressure, it is also a good choice for heatsink cooling.
  • Rubber noise dampener is installed to lower operation vibration and noise level.
  • With Blue LED lighting, this fan is a perfect match for your theme case build.
  • Special fan blades design for optimal airflow.
  • We have many types of fans in our store,like AC fans,DC fans,blower fans,CPU fans and VGA fans.
  • Please visit our store if you are looking for other fans.
Specifications:
  • Dimension:120(L)x120(W)x25(H)mm
  • Connector Type: 3pin/4pin
  • Rated Voltage:12V
  • Rated Current:0.3A±10%
  • Bearing Type:Hydraulic
  • Speed:1300RPM±10%
  • Airflow: 52CFM±10%
  • Noisy:13.8dBA±10%
  • Cable Length:250mm
Notes:
  • 1. Please allow 1-3cm error due to manual measurement and make sure you do not mind before ordering.
  • 2. Due to light and screen difference, the item's color may be slightly different from pictures.
Package Included:
  • 1 pcs 120mm LED Fan
NO Retail Box. Packed Safely in Bubble Bag.

so are they safe for my pc? just plug and ready to go?

also i have a seasonic sl2 2 80 bronze plus

cheers

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
According to the link, it's a blue led, but that's not what the pictures show, they show multiple colors, argb rings...

But for $3.99, it's a fan. Now since they kinda misled what you get with the picture's, I'd be wondering as to the veracity of their claims that it's static pressure optimized for heatsinks.

Blos88

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
i will have to try once they arrive maybe use them for better cooling on my case and maybe leave the current tt blue fan on the cpu.

besides where i live, the price of them is like 15 bucks or maybe more, so we will see thank you all

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
According to the link, it's a blue led, but that's not what the pictures show, they show multiple colors, argb rings...

But for $3.99, it's a fan. Now since they kinda misled what you get with the picture's, I'd be wondering as to the veracity of their claims that it's static pressure optimized for heatsinks.

For $3.99 they are just "rainbow" lights, not any kind of RGB.

Wrecker75

Upstanding
Aug 27, 2019
Basic fans are enough for an Evo 212 the stock fan is pretty mid range between air flow and static pressure, and being a non overclocking CPU it doesn't take much air to cool with that much of a cooler. But the other thing is, is your current fan 3 pin or 4 pin?