[SOLVED] Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO screw snapped

Migalis

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2016
Hi I was in the middle of installing my cooler master hyper 212 evo and one of the spring screws snapped, so I went down the street and got the cooler replaced for free, spent another 30 minutes figuring out step by step how to properly install even though Ive installed it on my old pc before, and I did a slow X pattern criss cross slowly tightening and the same screw popped off, seems that it doesn't rest nice on that one corner.

I've decided that Im going to run the pc with the 3 tightened, do you guys think this will cause an issue?

Because I am little frustrated. And also don't know what I did wrong with installing this cooler. Thank you.

Migalis

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2016

I watched multiple videos and followed instructions, I have an amd processor, FM2+, had no issues last time I installed this cooler, the 4th screw snapped in the same corner, the end of the screw is now apart of the bolt and cannot be repaired, I did a slow criss cross screw pattern, and everything was alligned

I hate to see this happen. It has to be poor quality control.

I gave up on water coolers and have been running Noctua CPU air coolers. I am currently using a Noctua NH-U14S on my delidded Intel i7 7700K and it dissipates heat well at 5.2GHz. The Noctua NH-U12S runs about 1 degree hotter and is much smaller to fit more case types. This is something you might consider, no more worry about pump failure or leaks.

Here is an image that I uploaded for someone in another thread today. Intel Burn In i7 7700K @ 5GHz, Noctua NH-U14S CPU cooler results. Left click on the image to increase size so you can see it better.

https://imgur.com/TrUEo8E