[SOLVED] Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED replacement mounting bracket

FastGamingYT

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
I got a Hyper 212 LED for a pretty cheap price but turns out it does not have the mounting bracket. I do have a Asus Prime B450-Plus motherboard, which means I need a mounting bracket for AM4 but I have no idea where I could get one or which would work. Is there a universal one?
This is what I have of the cooler:
u8mbmSG.jpg

One of my friends said that I could possibly use something like this:
silentium-pc-spc172-12932.jpeg

And I also saw some mounting kits from Noctua but no idea if it would work

Last edited:
Solution
Well, you can do it the crappy way then.

8 standoffs, maybe 8 washers as well to avoid digging into the board, with a thread to match the retention screws on the cooler. Screw the standoffs into each other so they they hold themselves to the board in the screw holes. Then screw the cooler into that. Not ideal since there is nothing to spread the load to the CPU socket on the back, but should work. Might also have to cut the threads off the standoffs below the board if they are too tall.

I suggest taking the cooler to a hardware store to check the thread. Probably M3 though.

That or make some loops out of small zipties. Through the holes on the motherboard, slip the cooler in so that the ties are trapped by the screw heads, tighten...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Probably easier to just get another Hyper 212 to be honest.

That kit certainly looks more of a fit for Intel sockets. I don't see how that would work with what you have, unless there are more parts I am not seeing.

Can always e-mail Coolermaster see if they can send/sell you a mount set.

FastGamingYT

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
Probably easier to just get another Hyper 212 to be honest.

That kit certainly looks more of a fit for Intel sockets. I don't see how that would work with what you have, unless there are more parts I am not seeing.

Can always e-mail Coolermaster see if they can send/sell you a mount set.
I'm not sure if I can get another Hyper 212, also Coolermaster does sell replacement kits but the delivery is almost the same as if I just got a new one.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, you can do it the crappy way then.

8 standoffs, maybe 8 washers as well to avoid digging into the board, with a thread to match the retention screws on the cooler. Screw the standoffs into each other so they they hold themselves to the board in the screw holes. Then screw the cooler into that. Not ideal since there is nothing to spread the load to the CPU socket on the back, but should work. Might also have to cut the threads off the standoffs below the board if they are too tall.

I suggest taking the cooler to a hardware store to check the thread. Probably M3 though.

That or make some loops out of small zipties. Through the holes on the motherboard, slip the cooler in so that the ties are trapped by the screw heads, tighten, and trim. This would be two loops, each going through two holes on the motherboard. Trying to equally tighten 4 corners might not go so well.

Had to do that once on an old slocket CPU, the plastic clips broke off the CPU socket itself.

Solution