[SOLVED] Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 Black Edition Question

Jan 5, 2020
Hello, I'm cirious if I can install Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 Black Edition on my FX6300, I have M5A97 motherboard. On the site it says that it supports AM3 but I can't find any guides on how to install it for AM3, I'm not really expirienced so I don't want to mess it up. I'd be more than grateful if someone can link me a guide on how to install this cooler on AM3 motherboard! Thank you in advance

Solution
considering that they just made the black edition not too long ago and that the am3 platform has been dead for a much longer time, i'd not expect to find one either.

here is the manual if you wish to take a look at it. looks like i remember it being when i had used this cooler on am3 builds back in the day.

Jan 5, 2020
it will include instructions and all the pieces needed to install it. it's not that hard if you just follow the pictures :)

there should also be links to youtube video on installing it. they have their own channel and should have one for am3

if not here are a ton of videos on it

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hyper+212+evo+installation+am3
There are lot of videos for standard EVO 212 but not for Black Edition, Black Edition has different mounting method for AM3 but I can't find it anywhere on yt

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
why would they change the mounting method just because they changed the color of the fins?

it will be in the instructions when you get it either way, but i am very sure you are making too much out of this. there is no reason they would change the mounting method simply because they changed the color.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Jan 5, 2020
why would they change the mounting method just because they changed the color of the fins?

it will be in the instructions when you get it either way, but i am very sure you are making too much out of this. there is no reason they would change the mounting method simply because they changed the color.

Well I can't find a single video on yt on how to install EVO 212 Black Edition on AM3 motheboard, they're all for AM4 and Intel motherboards.. Maybe I'm just dumb and can't find it, can you try? I'd be really grateful

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
considering that they just made the black edition not too long ago and that the am3 platform has been dead for a much longer time, i'd not expect to find one either.

here is the manual if you wish to take a look at it. looks like i remember it being when i had used this cooler on am3 builds back in the day.

Solution