[SOLVED] Cooler Master Hyper H410R versus EKL Alpenföhn Sella ?

Apr 30, 2021
What CPU cooler would you recommend between those two:
"Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB"
or
"EKL Alpenföhn Sella"
or something completely different?

Solution
Although be quiet! typically designs some exceptionally good products, it's also a 3 pipe 92mm fan class cooler, which I assume you're interested in over 120mm fan class coolers due to case clearance limitations. Regardless, the 3 pipe EKL Alpenföhn Sella and the 3 pipe be quiet! use the same problematic "push-pins" that Intel uses on their stock coolers to fasten the cooler to the motherboard without a "backplate".

Instead, the 4 pipe Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB uses proper fastening hardware with a backplate to mount the cooler securely, whereas push-pins are notorious for being deceivingly tricky to get fully inserted completely through the motherboard and properly latched. Moreover, push-pins are plastic and are known to stretch...

Lutfij

Titan
What CPU cooler would you recommend
That is usually followed by the processor you want to cool, the sort of overclocking goals(or none thereof) you might have, the sort of case you have to work with and the ambient room air temps you're dealing with, not to mention the budget you have set aside for you cooler purchase.

As of this moment, we might say X or Y but if you're running a hot headed processor, then neither of the two will work.

Reactions: CompuTronix
Apr 30, 2021
What CPU cooler would you recommend
That is usually followed by the processor you want to cool, the sort of overclocking goals(or none thereof) you might have, the sort of case you have to work with and the ambient room air temps you're dealing with, not to mention the budget you have set aside for you cooler purchase.

As of this moment, we might say X or Y but if you're running a hot headed processor, then neither of the two will work.
The CPU i want to use is i3 10100. No overclocking.

Apr 30, 2021
wombyte,

On behalf of Tom's Hardware Moderator Team, welcome aboard!

While both coolers are 92mm fan class coolers, rather 120mm, since the Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB is a 4 pipe cooler, it would cool better than the 3 pipe EKL Alpenföhn Sella.

Once again, welcome aboard!

CT :sol:
thanks for both, the answer and the warm welcome :)

Apr 30, 2021
Might you also tell me which you would prefer compared to the "be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 (supersilent) " or the "Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB " ?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Although be quiet! typically designs some exceptionally good products, it's also a 3 pipe 92mm fan class cooler, which I assume you're interested in over 120mm fan class coolers due to case clearance limitations. Regardless, the 3 pipe EKL Alpenföhn Sella and the 3 pipe be quiet! use the same problematic "push-pins" that Intel uses on their stock coolers to fasten the cooler to the motherboard without a "backplate".

Instead, the 4 pipe Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB uses proper fastening hardware with a backplate to mount the cooler securely, whereas push-pins are notorious for being deceivingly tricky to get fully inserted completely through the motherboard and properly latched. Moreover, push-pins are plastic and are known to stretch over time, which compromises the mounting pressure of the cooler to the CPU.

Of the 3 choices you've offered in 92mm fan class coolers, I would still recommend the 4 pipe Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB with a backplate over 3 pipe coolers with push-pins.

Solution
Apr 30, 2021

Instead, the 4 pipe Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB uses proper fastening hardware with a backplate to mount the cooler securely, whereas push-pins are notorious for being deceivingly tricky to get fully inserted completely through the motherboard and properly latched. Moreover, push-pins are plastic and are known to stretch over time, which compromises the mounting pressure of the cooler to the CPU.

Of the 3 choices you've offered in 92mm fan class coolers, I would still recommend the 4 pipe Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB with a backplate over 3 pipe coolers with push-pins.
Thanks again for your help, just bought the new PC with the Cooler Master Hyper H410R RGB yesterday! :)