Cooler Master Intros CM Storm QuickFire XT Mech. Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Lack of obnoxious logos and branding, chance to get MX Greens on a more mainstream board, media keys, lasered caps, good layout. . . at first glance, looks like a very well though out mech board. Nice going CM.

cRACKmONKEY421

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Looks good. I guess I'm not the only one that can't stand oversized gaming keyboards. Finally I can get rid of my slim Dell keyboard and get something a little more profesh

atavax

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Currently using a cm storm quick fire rapid with red cherry switches. Best gaming keyboard i've ever owned. Very solid brand for gaming accessories, highly recommend getting one of their keyboards.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
all "gaming" keyboards should have disable-able Windows key or move the Windows key over to the right...

I've hit that damm@#&#$ Windows key sometime during some gaming sessions and hit the desktop....

I have Steelseries 7G and aside from lack of backlit keys, it's pretty great gaming keyboard with Cherry Black keys...it still has mechanical "click" but it's not as loud as other Cherry Keys and very responsive...

PLEASE make gaming keyboard with disabling Windows key or move it to the right side...

You can disable the Windows key on this keyboard via the FN key, just like with the other CM Storm Quickfire keyboards (on my Quickfire TK it's FN + F12, not sure about the Quickfire XT).

That looks VERY much like my beloved Leopold. I suspect that it's the same manufacturer, and if so, then this is going to become my new recommendation, rather than trying to ship a british keyboard over to the US.
(No blank keycaps yet, but hey; I'm very much the minority in preferring that.)

I'm going to do a little more research, but if this IS a Leopold OEM, then it's a very, VERY well-put together keyboard.

Side note... what's up with the sudden rise of MX Greens? I hadn't heard anything about them until a few months ago, and now they're getting increasingly popular.

EDIT: Looks like it is a Leopold OEM. I might buy a couple of these as spares, but then again... they're built like tanks, so I might not need to.

EDIT again: As for the windows / caps lock keys, just use autohotkey. Thirty seconds and you don't have to worry about it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.