Cooler Master Intros Notepal Ergostand II Cooling Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Does the fan blow up or out side way? I have an useless cooling pad because the fan sucks in the air from the top and blows it out the side, but my laptop doesn't vent its exhaust down underneath, thus creating a vacuum around the intake and recycling hot air.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Does the fan blow up or out side way? I have an useless cooling pad because the fan sucks in the air from the top and blows it out the side, but my laptop doesn't vent its exhaust down underneath, thus creating a vacuum around the intake and recycling hot air.[/citation]
WTH? That design seems asinine. How many laptops vent their heat out of the bottom?

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Does the fan blow up or out side way? I have an useless cooling pad because the fan sucks in the air from the top and blows it out the side, but my laptop doesn't vent its exhaust down underneath, thus creating a vacuum around the intake and recycling hot air.[/citation]

lol.... might you be able to take the fan off and flip it over? Is it possible a friend has already done this to you ;)...

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]the1kingbob[/nom]lol.... might you be able to take the fan off and flip it over? Is it possible a friend has already done this to you ...[/citation]

It has two centrifugal fans. I tried splicing and switching the power supply wires to force them to spin in reverse, but it didn't work.

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]WTH? That design seems asinine. How many laptops vent their heat out of the bottom?[/citation]

Tell Antec: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834999850

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I got a good solution as well, $5 can of compressed air from an office store. Spray it into the fan and vents to clear out all the freaking dust. For bad laptops open it up and than use the compressed air, there it should be good as new when it comes to cooling since it is now not clogged with dust (which is quite easy to do on a laptop)

If you really feel like it pop off the heatsink they have on it and replace the thermal paste with a better one.

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Opening the laptop and cleaning the area between the fan and vents of dust (and in general everywhere else) is best.
Compressed air could push the dust further into the laptop, potentially causing damage in the long run - so I use this as a stop gap measure when it comes to laptops that require complete dis-assembly in order to reach the necessary components (I can't stand those who do this).

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]I got a good solution as well, $5 can of compressed air from an office store. Spray it into the fan and vents to clear out all the freaking dust. For bad laptops open it up and than use the compressed air, there it should be good as new when it comes to cooling since it is now not clogged with dust (which is quite easy to do on a laptop)If you really feel like it pop off the heatsink they have on it and replace the thermal paste with a better one.[/citation]

That only helps so much when the laptop has a design defect of the heatsink/fan being too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.