Cooler Master Launches the CM 690 III Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Hope they test it for vibrations before selling.
Mine vibrates and makes loud racket under resonance. LEDs on front fan went out in just 4 months. CPU power cable coming from their own PSU can't make it through clamp system. And if I had put a mammoth graphics card like 7990 the cable wouldn't have made it to the socket. lol. Front power and hdd leds were super bright and could lit a dark room, I had to lower it by putting pieces of paper in front of them. System runs more silent and 10 degrees cooler if I remove both side panels.

This was my first gaming case and it let me down completely. I have faced fewer issues with 15$ case.

custompcbuilder

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
Great Mid-tower - to those complaining of 'case vibration' - perhaps you should take another look at the quality of your assembly, or of the fans you installed. Cases don't vibrate on their own. And no, this case is no better than the Corsair Carbide - it's just as good at 80% of the price.

Some cheap cases do vibrate on their own due to poor quality. Trust me I have built in cases from super cheap to super expensive.

As for this case, its meh. I have never been a big fan of the 690 series and always felt it was ok but nothing amazing. As for just as good as the Carbide 500r, no way. The 500r is a very well designed case with great features. The 690 is a ok case that has lacked features, such as SSD support or good cable management.

Status
Not open for further replies.