Review Cooler Master MasterAir MA624 Stealth Review: Cool, Quiet and Covert

However, the large, dual-fan MasterAir MA624 Stealth comes ready to impress while being completely devoid of lighting accents. Instead, it features an all-blck color scheme for an imposing look for those who favor their flair without the flash.

I believe you meant all-black.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
This cooler essentially performs as-well as the Dark Rock Pro 4, even a bit better at 50% fan speed. The ~1C difference between them at 100% is nearly negligible making them equal performers (or better in terms of the Cooler Master considering 50% fan performance).

I would be happy to cover the Thermalright - I can attempt to reach out to their marketing department to get a sample, but typically we are approached by companies to cover their merchandise and we use this opportunity to compare with other components under the same testing criteria.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
I would be interested in seeing a review of some of Thermalright's models, such as this
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Cw...120-6617-cfm-cpu-cooler-peerless-assassin-120
6 heatpipes, 2 fin stacks, 2 fans. All for just $41.
Looks like it's in the same price tier as Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo, which has this review from 2020 > https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/arctic-freezer-34-esports-duo-cooler,6352.html

I have that Arctic cooler on my Ryzen 3600 OC to 4.4Ghz and it's cool and quiet. It really is the best budget cooler as the article says.

That being said I would like to see the review of the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 too. I'm always looking for a better budget CPU cooler :)

I own the Freezer 34 Esports One on my R5 3600. Its a good cooler.

However the esports duo has 2 less heatpipes and a lot less fin surface area compared to the Thermalright by the looks.

I have a feeling the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 may be very good for its price, by looks alone.

Reactions: VforV

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
anything priced within reach of the NH-D15 needs to beat it by a decent amount.

Noctua's warranty/free future mounting brackets/etc are just too good a value to go anywhere else for same price.

Regardless, there are some instances where Noctua's color scheme is just too polarizing for some people, making these other alternatives/comparisons valid.

To put this all into perspective, our result temps are under 100% CPU utilization for sustained periods of time (2 hrs), which is pretty much the worst type of hell for a cooler to contend with. In real-world applications, this is almost rarely the case and there would be minimal difference between many cooling options at intermittent loads over the same time duration. Considerably less difference if someone is not pushing all-core overclocks on higher core-count CPUs and running this on a factory clocked 4, 6 or 8 core processor.

KoutsiDK

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2014
anything priced within reach of the NH-D15 needs to beat it by a decent amount.

Noctua's warranty/free future mounting brackets/etc are just too good a value to go anywhere else for same price.

Not really. The D15 is old, so way cheaper than its starting price, and its extremely big and ugly as sin. Also, it is not painted. Painting the cooler fully black adds 2-3 degrees. So no, the pricing is fine for the Coolermaster

Painting the cooler fully black adds 2-3 degrees.
its been tested and they are effectively same (within margin of error) and actual differences are more often than not fan related (as all fans have an accepted variance from what they are listed at)

The D15 is old, so way cheaper than its starting price,
original msrp when it debuted in 2014: $99.90 (if u doubt it check their sites article of when they 1st announced it) same as it is today.
because something is "old" doesnt mean it gets cheaper. a top of the line product has no reason to depreciate in value until it has a replacement.

its extremely big and ugly as sin.
can get it in black. (and ur saying the mastercooler one with the ugly top plate is better? well everyone does have different tastes i guess)
So no, the pricing is fine for the Coolermaster
noctua has the best mounting hardware in industry. (everyone should adopt that as its simple)
afaik best warranty in the industry (they ship you for free a new bracket if a new socket comes out as well)
some of (not the best ever) the best fans in the industry.

is it fine for a high end cooler? sure. However noctua's perks make it best choice if you dont mind getting nh-d15.