Question Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L - Two fans up front or one in the front/one in the back?

xray328

Commendable
Aug 17, 2018
I'm building a budget non-gaming desktop to replace a mid-2010 iMac for web surfing, email etc with the idea of being able to upgrade in the future.

I'm using:
Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L
Ryzen 5 1600 w/ stock cooler
AsRock B450M PRO4
Patriot Viper Extreme DDR4 8 GB 2400 mhz (had these laying around)
EVGA 550 B5, 80 Plus Bronze 550W
1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
GeForce GTX 750TI (since GPU's are $$$ right now and I'm not gaming)

The case has two RGB fans up front and nothing in the rear. Should I leave it like that or put one fan up front and one in the back?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If you want to perform web browsing and perhaps data entry and nothing remotely near gaming, then why not just dial it down a couple of notches?

Get an A320 chipset, pair that with an Ryzen 3 2200G APU, then get drop the stick(s) of ram on the board. Mind you, you're going to see a benefit in going for a dual channel ram kit as opposed to a single stick of ram. Since you're getting an APU as suggested, you don't need the GTX750Ti and the entire system can sip off the power. That still doesn't mean you skimp out on the PSU.

Pick a reliably built unit.

Where are you located and how much are you going to spend on the system?

As for the question with your fans...yeah, you're fine as is if you're not going to be gaming.

xray328

Commendable
Aug 17, 2018
Thank you.

Prices seemed pretty close between what I'm looking at and what you're suggesting. My thought was that I could add a mid level GPU in the future and turn this into a decent gaming rig.

The A320 board is $65 or so compared to the B450 at $83.
The Ryzen 5 AF 1600 is $149, the 750ti adds $70 (new off ebay) The Ryzen 3 2200G is $266

For the same price the 750ti/Ryzen 5 seemed like a better combination.

I'm in the Chicago area, the builds at about $450 as of now not including the SSD and memory I already have on hand,