Cooler Master MasterCase M500P Mesh White: Spiffy Looks, and Better Thermals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
It's certainly one of the nicer looking cases on the market; a lot of cases on the market today seem to be just straight metal boxes, maybe with a glass door thrown on. I get the minimalist aesthetic, but it's nice to see a case balance that with a bit of flare. The price is slightly high, but not terribly so - only $20-$30 above cheaper comps isn't bad at all. As for the lack of the USB-C on the front panel... I don't know that it's all that important (which is why I guess it gets mentioned right at the end). I think a lot of case manufacturers got a little miffed, maybe slightly burned, that there was that big push to add USB 3.0 to their cases, and then it went highly underused. C has its uses, no doubt, but there aren't that many, and I don't know that other than maybe a few phone chargers there is a lot of adoption of anything that needs USB-C out there. In any event, given the mod-ability of the case, I would be surprised if one couldn't grab a USB-C header online and swap it in for one of the other USB panel connectors.

gosubuilder

Commendable
Apr 21, 2017

I refuse to buy any cases that doesnt have a usb 3.0 in the front...

mattkiss

Honorable
Sep 22, 2016

How can you tell? I didn't notice it mentioned anywhere in the article.

It's on the close-up shot of the front/top panel with the ports. As least, that's what I assume it is based upon the single LED and the picture of "stacked discs" next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.