Cooler master MasterFan 120 pro air balance vs air pressure vs air flow

Nov 14, 2018
So I've been looking for new fans for my PC since my old ones are really loud, and I came across the Cooler Master MasterFan 120 pro air balance/ air pressure/ air flow, and I don´t quite know wich one I should get.
I have an ATX cooler master MasterBox lite 5 case and a MSI H210M PRO-M2 motherboard.
Just one more thing, what type of connectors do these fans have?
Any help would be aprecciated,
Thanks in advance

Solution
Hi Miguel. When it comes to fan selection it can be a tad confusing, but there are a few tips to remember to help you out.

Generally speaking, if you're planning on pulling or pushing the air through a medium, like a filter, heat sink, or radiator, you want a Static Pressure rated fan. Static pressure can be thought of as the pressure the fan needs to overcome to move the air past a barrier, like a filter. These fans are designed to overcome this resistance and keep their cfm closer to their design level, though it is generally much lower than Airflow designed fans.

Airflow fans are generally better for areas where you're wanting to move a lot of air, like out through the rear exhaust of the case, where they don't have to overcome...

theycallmechris

Prominent
Nov 14, 2018
Hi Miguel. When it comes to fan selection it can be a tad confusing, but there are a few tips to remember to help you out.

Generally speaking, if you're planning on pulling or pushing the air through a medium, like a filter, heat sink, or radiator, you want a Static Pressure rated fan. Static pressure can be thought of as the pressure the fan needs to overcome to move the air past a barrier, like a filter. These fans are designed to overcome this resistance and keep their cfm closer to their design level, though it is generally much lower than Airflow designed fans.

Airflow fans are generally better for areas where you're wanting to move a lot of air, like out through the rear exhaust of the case, where they don't have to overcome much resistance. They do move more cfm than static pressure fans, but their performance drops off much more as static pressure is introduced when compared to their Static Pressure counterparts.

Just looking at the case, it looks like it will include fans already on the front (though they are severly choked off) and the rear, which make me think CM has the fans matched already.

For a connector, looking at the fan spec sheet it's a 4-pin PWM connector which I believe means their speed can be controlled.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

Solution
Nov 14, 2018

Thanks alot, I'm quite new to PC gaming, and I appreciate you taking your time to help me.

TRENDING THREADS