[SOLVED] Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 vs Corsair Hydro Series H45 120mm

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

Which one should I prefer? These are the only ones that are cheap in my country.
Or should I go for an air cooler instead of getting a cheap liquid cooler?
I am also considering to get a Arctic Freezer 34 eSports / DUO.

Solution
By the way, should I try to change my Thermaltake Water 3.0's liquid by myself or not? I am using it since 2017 and it doesn't feel good anymore.
The vast majority of hybrid coolers, including the Water 3.0, are not intended to be serviceable by users. They are the cheap and convenient alternative to custom liquid.
Low maintenance, no refill; keep the fans that still work, toss the rest out, and replace the cooler.

Would you prefer to get an Arctic LIQUID FREEZER II 120 instead of Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 or Corsair Hydro Series H45?
If I can fit a tower air cooler inside my chassis, then NONE OF THEM. PERIOD.
Those little 120mm hybrids are completely inferior to tower air; they just don't have enough going...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Cheap air cooler over cheap hybrid one, all day, every day.
120mm too? About the only time that size is worth investing money into is in a Small Form Factor chassis that can't fit any tower air coolers.

There's some exceptions amongst 120mm hybrids, such as Corsair's H80 and Arctic's Liquid Freezer II 120, thanks to their fatter radiators.

D

Deleted member 2841972

Cheap air cooler over cheap hybrid one, all day, every day.
120mm too? About the only time that size is worth investing money into is in a Small Form Factor chassis that can't fit any tower air coolers.

There's some exceptions amongst 120mm hybrids, such as Corsair's H80 and Arctic's Liquid Freezer II 120, thanks to their fatter radiators.
Would you prefer to get an Arctic LIQUID FREEZER II 120 instead of Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 or Corsair Hydro Series H45?
By the way, should I try to change my Thermaltake Water 3.0's liquid by myself or not? I am using it since 2017 and it doesn't feel good anymore.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The vast majority of hybrid coolers, including the Water 3.0, are not intended to be serviceable by users. They are the cheap and convenient alternative to custom liquid.
Low maintenance, no refill; keep the fans that still work, toss the rest out, and replace the cooler.

Those little 120mm hybrids are completely inferior to tower air; they just don't have enough going for them, at least IMO. I can only relate to performance, since my chassis is obscured most of the time.

It's a different story if your options were 120mm hybrids Vs top-down air coolers though... but since you mentioned the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo, it must mean you actually can fit tower air inside...

Top-down air < 120mm hybrid < Tower air = 240mm hybrid < 280mm ≤ 360mm. Something like that - it may be a bit oversimplified though.
[Huh. They don't seem to make 140mm hybrids anymore...]

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
I'm with Phaaze. I don't see any point in a 120mm AIO unless you're in a case situation in which you can't physically fit a decent-sized heatsink. And that's even without taking into consideration that a good mid-tier air cooler is usually going to be less expensive than 120mm AIOs.

D

Deleted member 2841972

You never stated what you intend to cool with ? Maybe neither one is enough ?
I have 7600k right now but using it on 4.7GHz with 1.280V. Looks like I can't decrease the V anymore, always blue screen. Bu I am considering to get a 5800X.

Those little 120mm hybrids are completely inferior to tower air; they just don't have enough going for them, at least IMO. I can only relate to performance, since my chassis is obscured most of the time.

It's a different story if your options were 120mm hybrids Vs top-down air coolers though... but since you mentioned the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo, it must mean you actually can fit tower air inside...

Top-down air < 120mm hybrid < Tower air = 240mm hybrid < 280mm ≤ 360mm. Something like that - it may be a bit oversimplified though.
[Huh. They don't seem to make 140mm hybrids anymore...]
The only thing that I hate is liquid coolers loses their efficiency as time goes by. For an example, I feel like my 2017 bought water cooler is giving less performance than a cheap air cooler as I feel. Looks like I am going to buy an air cooler this time.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I have 7600k right now but using it on 4.7GHz with 1.280V. Looks like I can't decrease the V anymore, always blue screen. Bu I am considering to get a 5800X.

The only thing that I hate is liquid coolers loses their efficiency as time goes by. For an example, I feel like my 2017 bought water cooler is giving less performance than a cheap air cooler as I feel. Looks like I am going to buy an air cooler this time.
It's just one of the downsides of hybrid coolers users pay to deal with, alongside dying pump, or clogs from expired biocides.
Longevity definitely isn't on their side compared to air coolers, but some folks do get bored of looking at the same thing over and over, so maybe it's not all that bad.

D

Deleted member 2841972

Hello,

Considering to get one of them. I can't go further. Which one should I get?

Right now I am using a 7600k but going to buy a 5800X whenever I can.

D

Deleted member 2841972

Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120
Absolutely NOO.
Corsair Hydro Series H45 120
Better, but i still wouldnt get it.
A good 60$ AIR cooler will absolutely destroy both of them, and for a 5800X you need as much cooling as you can get.
https://www.newegg.com/arctic-acfre00075a-case-fan/p/1YF-000P-00177?Description=arctic esport&cm_re=arctic_esport--1YF-000P-00177--Product&quicklink=true
This cooler is the same with the one you mentioned, right? https://www.akakce.com/islemci-sogu...sports-duo-cpu-sogutucu-fiyati,462577085.html

I am going to use that CPU for morte than 5 years I believe, maybe I will also overclock it in future.

This cooler is the same with the one you mentioned, right? https://www.akakce.com/islemci-sogu...sports-duo-cpu-sogutucu-fiyati,462577085.html

I am going to use that CPU for morte than 5 years I believe, maybe I will also overclock it in future.
Yes, its the same just in different color.
When buying a cpu that you want to use for 5+ years, you should really be thinking about better cooling and a solid motherboard.
How much can your budget for a CPU cooler stretch?

EDIT:
Especially when you want to overclock.

D

Deleted member 2841972

Yes, its the same just in different color.
When buying a cpu that you want to use for 5+ years, you should really be thinking about better cooling and a solid motherboard.
How much can your budget for a CPU cooler stretch?

EDIT:
Especially when you want to overclock.
Prices always changes but please let me answer it in another way.

For motherboard, my budget is like 140 dollars (1000TRY)
If you would like to decide which motherboard should I get, you're free to choose any of them from the list.
The highest price should be 1.350TRY: https://www.akakce.com/anakart,1,2.html/48202,782152

For cooler, my budget is like 90 dollars (600TRY)
The highest price should ve 90 dollars (650TRY)
Here is the list of them:
1- Air coolers: https://www.akakce.com/islemci-sogutucu,1,2.html/143660
2- Mixed: https://www.akakce.com/fiyati-dusen-urunler/?c=18559&s=1

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
There is a larger issue here, and that is understanding the capability of AIOs.

Just having an AIO liquid cooler does not make it perform like every other AIO. By same virtue, an AIO isn't likely going to perform as well as custom watercooling, either, just because they both 'have liquid in them'.

Ex: a 120 is not going to perform anything close to a 240, 280 or 360 will. Often times a 120mm AIO will perform worse than a small/mid size air cooler.

Liquid isn't magic, it still relies on physics to work.

The bottom line is that most buyers are enamored with the idea of 'liquid cooling' so the remainder of logic stops at 'OK, now what's cheap'.

In the world of PC building, in almost every sense is true around 'you get what you pay for' but many times this is 'getting less than you paid for'.

Reactions: Dj0gany