Question Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 making vape sounds?

Jan 28, 2021
Yeah... a very strange sound, definitely not one that I've heard before. Installed the cooler yesterday, and this sound became apparent today.

The sound that the cooler is making is exactly the same as the first few seconds of the video attached.

Any ideas on why this sound is being made?

Thank you.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
This has ben covered 100's of times in the forums.

The sound is from tiny air bubbles going through the pump and cavitating. These air bubbles can work their way out and should collect in the radiator provided the radiator is in a position where they won't be pulled into the pump after several hours of operation and multiple startups/shutdowns.

This is a normal AIO noise - I hear this every time I install an AIO to test for Tom's Hardware cooling reviews.

Jan 28, 2021
This has ben covered 100's of times in the forums.

The sound is from tiny air bubbles going through the pump and cavitating. These air bubbles can work their way out and should collect in the radiator provided the radiator is in a position where they won't be pulled into the pump after several hours of operation and multiple startups/shutdowns.

This is a normal AIO noise - I hear this every time I install an AIO to test for Tom's Hardware cooling reviews.
Actually no. Upon further investigation the sound was being made from the motor of one of the case fans.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
So, the information provided was incorrect for the issue as this would be a different sound than the one described, or does not match the sound provided with the link above. The sound of the audio clip above is very close to pump cavitation and air bubbles.

'Sound comes from the cooler'

This needed more detail on whether this is pump or fan noise - the sound clip does not sound like a noise a fan would make.